• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nano iwagumi

Kezzab

This is a first for me, having always avoided this style. But I like this stone so thought I would try it. I'm dsm-ing with some mc which has been sat in a container in the green house since the end of July, so it's a little ragged.

Assuming it goes ok it'll be a full hi tech tank.

It won't win any prizes for originality, but I think it could turn out ok.

No livestock planned but may add a few cherry shrimp possibly.

Previous incarnations of this tank here: https://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/nano-15ltr-scape.39715/

20181014_182614.jpg
20181014_191151.jpg

nice stone!

Speaking from experience, once the MC firmly roots I'd fill, I had my flexi mini running emersed for a while and it got bugs etc :(

I’m sure the MC will come back very well. Seems pretty bullet proof. Nice stone, just be careful as some can affect your water parameters or contain metals that are harmful for shrimp. T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Kezzab,

I've done a similar nano with a DSM and MC. I'm just using liquid carbon and dosing 20% EI and all is going well, MC filling in nicely, so hopefully you'll be fine.

Can i ask where you got your background from? Have been thinking of doing the same

Attachments

• IMG_3885.jpg
    IMG_3885.jpg
    276.7 KB · Views: 82
Thanks,

Like the look on yours and have been wanting to get some sort of backing as filter tubing gets dirty quick ha

Three weeks in and it's going ok, not great but ok.

Main annoyance is continuing cyano. I'm going to go for a blackout soon.

Plants all growing, no other algae. Growth on the mc is slow. But it was starting from.slvaged scraps that had been sat in a bucket for 3 months.

20181129_194418.jpg

Looks good, but somehow a little terrifying! It always looks like the rock is just about to roll down the hill and smash the side glass

Good news! The calm has been restored, I can now concentrate on this properly :)

I've succumbed to frustration and splashed out on a regulator and gas... The MC is growing but soooo slowly and the point of the small tank is fast results and frequent rescapes to avoid getting tempted to redo the big tank which would be a serious undertaking.

20181211_195027.jpg

Anyone else think the AR mini looks out of place? Can't decide.
K

I would move the AR mini to the left hand side at the front corner of the rock. Might balance it better, but again personal choice

Looks a lot better with the extra rocks.

Think one issue is the high banked soil on the left. It makes me want to walk around to the right to view the scape through the glass the spray bar runs along.

Hope the MC is improving with CO2. I’m going to try some in a low tech set up soon. Preparing for slow growth!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back