• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ryan's ADA 120p

Not sure but amanos are alot bigger than any other shrimp so angels might not bother them at all

About the tank im glad you like it. Yeah algae is a pain but over the years i learn alot. Hoping to add some more Bruces they are so colourfull

:banghead: my bad nice to see a lady in the hobby too many dudes :)

Hi Ryan. I have the same tank but due to cabinet constrains I will only be able to use a single filter. I am on the fence between Eheim 350 or 600 or go overboard with an Fluval fx4. Since you have 2 of them, Do you think the 350 would be on the short side? And the 600 alone? My concerns with the Eheim is that the flow rate is not very high for a 120cm tank when using a single filter.

Hi Ryan. I have the same tank but due to cabinet constrains I will only be able to use a single filter. I am on the fence between Eheim 350 or 600 or go overboard with an Fluval fx4. Since you have 2 of them, Do you think the 350 would be on the short side? And the 600 alone? My concerns with the Eheim is that the flow rate is not very high for a 120cm tank when using a single filter.

Not sure which Eheim you mean but I run a Eheim eXperience 250t on a 54L tank and it’s only just enough flow for plants. It’s the right amount for the livestock though. The 120p is over 200L so if you go by the 10x tank volume per hour that is advocated by most here for a mid-high tech planted tank then the FX4 is nearer the flow rate you’ll need. There are benefits in running two smaller filters on a large tank e.g. if one fails (unlikely) you have a second back up.
You can always get away with less than 10x but it involves a lot of factors: how much hardscape, how it’s laid out, lots of stems versus lots of Anubias etc.
Remember reducing flow is easy, increasing flow requires buying another filter :)

Sorry my bad, I was meaning the Eheim Pro4+ 350/600 vs fluval fx4. I think indeed the pro4+ 600 is only 1250l/h for a 219L tank. The problem with Fx4 is that is noisier, bulkier, less economical and specially can't easily be combined with lily pipes (1´´ hose) but I do like a lot the idea of the drain valve. I agree, ideally there would be two but I can't at the moment.

Back