• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Safety glass not so safe

:( now thats a pitty..

Safety glass isn't much stronger than ordenary glass.. It is constructed to shatter into little pieces and not dagger like razorblade sharp slabs flying around.
I guess it's a reguation to use it if displayed in public locations..

As far as ii know it is a 2 layer glass with a flexible plastic core, that's why it can't be cut with regular glass cutting tools. Commonly called reenforced because of this flexible plastic core, but if it is only 2 glass sheets glued together like that, it still is rather fragile, like a cars windscreen.

Looks like the surface that tank was on wasn't 100% flat. Torsion is the main stress causing aquariums to crack open spontainiously like that.

Is it possible that a drunk patron may have damaged it and it eventually gave out?

Did the livestock perish?

:(

As far as ii know it is a 2 layer glass with a flexible plastic core
That's laminated glass. I'm not sure exactly which type @Iain Sutherland means by reinforced.
Safety glass is 1 layer and as you say @zozo is designed to shatter into tiny little fragments. Laminated glass is designed to stick to the tough adhesive plastic in the middle if it breaks.

Laminated glass is designed to stick to the tough adhesive plastic in the middle if it breaks.

It is distracting all, Lamitated, tempered, reenforced, safety etc. honnestly don't know 100% what if is the difference..
If you look at the video these guys state they are testing laminited glass. And we do not realy see it stick.
If it sticks it likely is due to the support frame surrounding it.

Is it possible that a drunk patron may have damaged it and it eventually gave out?

Did the livestock perish?

:(
This was a display unit not a fish tank, no danger to livestock:)
More important:

You have your own bar?
Was it a fish tank? Why didn't we see pictures of ito_O:arghh::p
Not quite mine, it's one area of the operation I'm responsible for at the college.

Got a brewery too
Its was a chiller tank.. Not sure, do we have Chilly Fish?
No fish as it's a display unit :)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Back