• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Diy - of interest ..?

At the moment its running on the tank keeping the temp to 0.1c.
Hmmm get your salt pot and large pinch ready....The DS18B20 is only accurate to ±0.5ºC and I would suspect that even that needs to be taken with a large pinch if one cannot trace the manufacturer of the assembly.

Nice project.

What the DS18B20 is low accuracy high precision, see "standard accuracy precision" diagram below, wrong temperature read accurately. I normally run them in 8 bit mode, which does seem to give a more accurate temperature reading at the expense of precision.

In the end I am sure fish don't care, anything in range 22ºC - 28ºC is considered fine for tropical fish, maybe even going to 30ºC for discuss. Obviously lower is slightly better for planted tanks as colder water can hold more CO2.

Ah well, anything useful appears to have been removed by the OP

Oh that's a shame, I like seeing these type projects and the way people have solved many of the problems. I hope I didn't scare him off, but as working in this line of business in instrumentation and control I meet people who spec things like "pH accurate to 0.0001" which they get into a Hmmph when you point out that actually this level of accuracy is physically impossible and in the end not required.

Back