• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

DOOA "nano pond" 2.0 - UG and re-scape

Shinobi

Hello guys,

Going to try my luck with a pond style setup.

Using the DOOA neo air 30x18x12 the tank will be running with no filter or Co2.
I’m still considering whether to use a dedicated light unit.

Hardscape:
Senggani roots
Frodo stone
Colorado sand
ADA Amazonia

Plants powered by Tropica:
1-2-Grow:
Hygrophila pinnatifida
Monte Carlo
Staurogyne repens

Potted:
Eleocharis montevidensis
Murdannia keisak

3F32B6AF-A164-458E-8C93-00F51D75CD0C.jpeg
253A6EED-6D5E-42E3-875C-4EE6BE2EFA76.jpeg
CFABFD1C-50D4-4D45-B93D-E14BEA7E23B5.jpeg

Lovely piece of aqua art! Any live stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no filter/co2? how about waterchanges etc ?Rhonda Delles Wilson had a fish room with similar set ups using just shop T8s

Saw this on Instagram... Looks really nice :)

I always worry about stagnation of the water with no movement... am I being over cautious? If so, I could remove the airstone from my tank...

This is just set up, so I’ll let you know I a couple of weeks ;)

Lovely piece of aqua art! Any live stock?

Thanks a lot!

Nope not yet - probably gonna add some shrimps maybe some Boraras brigittae if I feel like the balance is there

The high bottom is ""just artsy"" ?
ooh and i would add some life, some snails, some scuds, copepods, daphnia.

It’s just “artsy” looks quite nice though, almost like the scape I floating in the air :)

no filter/co2? how about waterchanges etc ?Rhonda Delles Wilson had a fish room with similar set ups using just shop T8s

Been doing daily changes for a week now, probably going to continue for the next couple of weeks. It’s a very small tank so it can be done in under 5 minutes

I’m loving this little tank! How are the plants handling low humidity? Are you misting?

I’m loving this little tank! How are the plants handling low humidity? Are you misting?

There was an initial dry right after planting - but all the plants seem to have adapted and the new growth is fresh and green with no dry outs. I do mist once a day, along with a water change

B1F37513-B35E-4A8D-8840-F91C35DFF1CC.jpeg
Btw guys I’m giving away some Tropica plant care items over on my instagram account AquaticDK, please check it out :)

I suscribed to your Channel. :)

I'm new to Instagram, are you guys getting free stuff from aquarium brands for advertising them? Just asking, thanks

Back