• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Critique my hardscape Iceland Inspired Sanzon Iwagumi

IMG_2073.PNG
I'm hoping for some opinions on my hardscape. I'm pretty settled on the stones I've chosen already, but I'm interested to hear if you think I should make adjustments. It might be helpful to hear my planting choices: Monte Carlo (foreground), Pogostemon Erectus, Bucephalandra 'Mini Catheinae' / 'Deep Purple' (opinions on this choice also appreciated) on the Soeishi, Anubias 'Bonsai' on the Fukuishi and Bucephalandra 'Mini Needle Leaf' on the Oyaishi. I may also use moss to hide the roots. Ideally I would like to plant today, but tomorrow would be fine as I want to get the aquascape right.

I think cube footprint tanks are tricky but I like what you have. Lava rock is very versatile. I would be tempted to try some sandy foreground? Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_2074.JPG
I've been staring at the hardscape for a while now and decided to move the Oyaishi to the left a little and the Fukuishi to the right a little. I was a little apprehensive about moving the Oyaishi towards the centre, but I think it looks more balanced now and there isn't an unnatural straight path on the right anymore. I think I'll plant after my Christmas lunch/dinner. After planting I'll still be able to make slight adjustments like tilting and turning as I'll leave enough space. Merry Christmas!

2nd arrangement is better, definitely better to have moved the Fukuishi to the right.
I'd say plant it now, with a Sanzon iwagumi you can spend forever adjusting, and result in something that you're not as happy with in the first place. With the bushy stem plants the adjustments should be so noticeable when grown in.

Back