• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

James Wong inspired Wabi Kusa

IMG_2086.JPG
This Wabi Kusa / Terrarium was inspired by James Wong which I set up yesterday. The container is about 10cm in diameter and has a cork lid to keep the humidity up. I'm using Bucephalandra 'Mini Needle Leaf' and 'Mini Catherinae', Java Moss and a piece of Icelandic Lava Rock I collected on a trip last year, so it's become quite a nice souvenir. The moss was grown in the submerged form, but I expect it to flatten out and grow upwards eventually. The Bucephalandras aren't glued or buried and they can root into the Aquasoil or on the rock if they want to. It's really nice and low maintenance, but as you can see the glass is a pain to keep clean.

These little projects are a lot of fun. Tropical plants grow very happily in such an environment. Try getting some de-ionised water in a sprayer. Will get rid of hard water marks on the glass. T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a good idea. I supose there are enough nutrients in the soil for these slow growing plants if they need it. I'll use a paper towel to scrub it out.

Back