• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquarium suckers

Tonka3434

Seedling
hi guys anyone found any clear aquarium suckers that don’t go cloudy/white,hard then fall off ? Bought dozens off eBay but all do the same thing as hard to tell which are the cheap ones or decent ones,Bain of my life at moment.

Last edited:
Hi
Watched a video somewhere that it was suggested to get double the ammount U need(2 sets) and rotate them on weekly maintanance giving them the chance to dry out and regain transparency
Haven't tried that tho as I use black ones to blend in my background.
Regards Konsa

clear aquarium suckers that don’t go cloudy/white,hard then fall off ?

No unfortunately not.. That's why i also always buy black ones, at least they stay black no matter how dirty they get.. :)

Get the silicone suction cups. They don't harden like the vinyl ones.

That's why i also always buy black ones, at least they stay black no matter how dirty they get
Hey Marcel;
Do you not find the black ones still get the slimy film up on them? - Not so much playing with the colour or going hard but you can feel it.
I've tried various different brands and always find the same.
Andrew

Hey Marcel;
Do you not find the black ones still get the slimy film up on them? - Not so much playing with the colour or going hard but you can feel it.
I've tried various different brands and always find the same.
Andrew

Yes, that is biofilm, that's normal i guess everything placed under water will get slimey in time. Also the glass has it, and both glass and cup need to be clean or it lets go again soon. Personaly i try not to use any in the water but if i can't get around it i rather use a black one.

Back