• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2 art pro elite

Depends on a few things IMO.
  • How deep your pockets are.
  • How big the tank is, bigger tanks benefit from a good duel stage reg where you can adjust the working pressure as it's an easier way to adjust the injection rates with high BPS rather than counting the bubbles.
  • What you can pick up second hand. I got a single stage reg for a 50l tank and it's been great, plus got it for peanuts.

Unless you have a very large tank or multiple tanks in same place where you need to run multiple diffusers from one large co2 container then you would also need to buy the additional manifolds to go with it my thoughts are why would you?
For the same cost you can buy 2 of the standard co2 art pro se dual stage regs and just run 2 gas bottles on multi tanks or multi diffusers anyways.
So don't really make sense to me.

Last edited:
What constitutes a very large tank?
I have been considering one of these also mainly for adjustment accuracy but also the option to run multiple manifolds if necessary from one co2 bottle (wouldn’t want multiple bottles due to space under the tank).
Aquascaper 1500 tank, 448 litres.
Would this be a good option or would a smaller reg do the job? I imagine I’m going to be injecting a substantial amount of co2 via an inline diffuser.
Thanks.

You could use either Pro SE (made in China) or Elite (made in Germany).

With the Elite you can add additional manifolds to split the co2 through 2 filters. So if using 2 filters in your tank you’ll get a more even spread of co2 without having to worry too much about additional power heads etc. I found it a massive benefit in the past.

If growing just ‘easy’ plants you could get by with co2 on 1 filter.

The Elite one is better made and feels more rugged. It does however seem to use the same needle valve as the SE. I would like to see an improved valve on the higher model.

Pro Se or Elite? Depends on how deep your pockets are. If using it on one filter, personally I’d pick the SE. Brilliant reg for the money.
Using co2 on 2 filters the Elite is also brilliant and the way to do it without mucking around with installing splitters.

I run twin solenoids/neddle valves/inline atomisers/reactors off one duel stage reg
upload_2019-1-2_12-39-51.png

which via my PLC and pH controler enables a fine level of control. pH drop over 1.0pH in 30mins and stable pH 0.03pH drift during photoperiod till CO2 off.

You can use as many needle valves after the solenoid as you like as long as you get the right fittings

Back