• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

EI dosing + water change - Initial schedule

scapegoat

Hi, I set up my 100l hi tech planted tank 3 weeks ago.

I've seen strong growth in hairgrass carpet and stem plants and not so great growth from moss and ferns which I assume is fairly normal while they initially adapt.

Around 2 weeks in diatoms and small amounts of BGA started to appear, again nothing too out of the ordinary.

However to make sure I keep on top of this I want to double check my EI dosing and water change schedule, every guide I've read explains the alternate days of dosing and the 50% weekly water changes, along with more regular water changes to begin with.

The thing I'm not so sure about the initial dosing VS water changes. I'm currently dosing every day alternating micro/macro and changing 40-50% water every other day. I'm not having the rest day because there's such regular water changes happening. Does this sound about right or have I missed something?

Thanks!

Sounds good, I’m presuming dosing after water changes?

Sounds good, I’m presuming dosing after water changes?

It's usually water change in the evening, dose micro in the morning, then macro the next morning, then water change that evening.

I guess it could be worth dosing in the evenings instead so the nutrients has had time to properly disperse into the water column by the time the lights get going.

It's usually water change in the evening, dose micro in the morning, then macro the next morning, then water change that evening.

I guess it could be worth dosing in the evenings instead so the nutrients has had time to properly disperse into the water column by the time the lights get going.
Hi
U doing well dosing in morning before lights out.The only thing I will change is dosing the macros after the WC and micros next day.
Regards Konsa

Thanks Konsa, so I can dose macros in the evening after water change and micros in the morning the next day without this having a detrimental effect on the phosphates and iron?

Hi
Yes U can.
I always dose Macro straight after I finish changing water to replenish what I have taken out and Micro next morning.
Regards Konsa

Back