• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquarium Plant Food

EmannAquarium

Hello,

I need to buy magesium sulphate and potassium nitrate and usually I do this from Aquarium Plant Food.

It seems that magnesium sulphate is out of stock and for some reason I sent two emails to the supplier to ask when it will be back again available but I am getting the email back with a delivery failure.

Would anyone know a correct contact or perhaps other suitable suppliers for these two products please as I do not want to be completely out of it and not able to fertilise my aquarium plants.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards

Hi
U can get Epsom salt from any supermarket.Its the same thing.I got my last one from B&M.
Just look up to be pure one with no cosmetic additions.
Can'thelp with contact details tho.
Regards Konsa

You can purchase Mgso4/Epsom Salt from your local Chemist/Pharmacy!
You may also be able to purchase KNo3/Potassium Nitrate from a Garden Centre.
hoggie

Thank you all for the replies.

Do I just add this as 6 tspns with the rest of the items in a 500mL water mixture as per the instructions of plant food uk please?

Do I just add this as 6 tspns with the rest of the items in a 500mL water mixture as per the instructions of plant food uk please?

Yes, as long as it doesn't have anything else along with it. Don't be confused if you can only find MgSO4.7H2O, It's the same as what APF sells.

IIRC APF recipe adds 1ppm (roughly) per dose which works out as around 6teaspoons in the 500ml mixture (that they recommend)

Back