• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help! Plant ID

crazyhorse

IMG_1859.JPG
IMG_1861.JPG
IMG_1859.JPG
IMG_1861.JPG
IMG_1862.JPG
IMG_1863.JPG
IMG_1864.JPG
IMG_1865.JPG

A true A. Coffeefolia would show newest leave quite red, fading to dark green over time. It does not look like this plant does that. Leaves of true A. Coffeefolia also would be broader and the veins much more prominent. The entire plant looklooking more "plump"than this one.
My guess is, this is one of very many hybrids from A. Barteri, crossed into other Anubias species - there are really many.
Another possibility is, this is just a variation of the A. Barteri - it is a species VERY willing to produce varieties ( ex. A. Barteri var. Nana and A. Barteri var. Petite).

It has characteristics of both Anubia B. Lanceolata (Longifolia) and Coffeefolia. I have kept both, currently I have the former growing in two tanks, one above and one below the waterline. The dark vein surface patterning and the elongate pointed leaf appear the same as Lanceolata, however the scalloping over the leaf surface is a Coffeefolia trait, so as Mick.Dk says above its likely a hybrid.

I don't have the Coffeefolia anymore it didn't survive a hot bath. The story goes - when I first picked it up (bought) it had what looked like leaf damage at the root, it appeared as a slightly sad looking specimen that I could nurse into splendour, which indeed it did, unfortunately it also came with Burrowing Nematodes, what a sh*tstorm that turned out to be.

:)

A. glabra is defenitely a possibility.
The A. glabra I grow have somewhat more narrow leaves, than this picture, but not more than can be due to environmental influence. The veins of my plants are also a bit less marked.

A. glabra is defenitely a possibility.
The A. glabra I grow have somewhat more narrow leaves, than this picture, but not more than can be due to environmental influence. The veins of my plants are also a bit less marked.
I think that A. glabra is defenitely a possibility. Pretty big one.

Back