• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New Chihiros RGB Vivid - looks VERY promising

Wonder whether they have a steady and consistent supply of specific LED diodes with good BINs etc... In other words, if you buy two lights and put them side by side, would they look exactly the same colour temperature....

They're £200 I want to get one but I'm unsure on the fan noise. Does anyone have one that can send a video of the noise created? I don't want to hear it... Those of you that ha e the WRGB, Do you think it can reproduce these colours?

Attachments

• 174F2994-F709-422B-8ADD-6432BF916055.jpeg
    174F2994-F709-422B-8ADD-6432BF916055.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 391
They're £200 I want to get one but I'm unsure on the fan noise. Does anyone have one that can send a video of the noise created? I don't want to hear it... Those of you that ha e the WRGB, Do you think it can reproduce these colours?

Do you know where you can purchase them? £200 seems very reasonable, but like you I would be concerned about the noise of the fan...

Would there be any import tax etc to pay on these if ordered from these sites? On Aliexpress the shipping is free by DHL 7 to 15 days.

Yes i believe that nowadays, ebay etc. have an international agreement to also charge taxes for the destination country.. That used to be different, than you could expect a bill in the mail box from customs 6 weeks after the purchase. Last time i ordered exceding the tax free range was from the USA and taxes were immediately included on top of the sales price via ebay pay service.. In my case that was 21% at that time.. I guess this to avoid fraud, in the past it was easy to simply contact the seller and ask them to Label the package at a lower price. Now the sellers payment service is used as the customs gaurd dog.

In my country if i order anything outside EU and i stay bellow € 21 i don't have to pay VAT.. Do i order higher than €21 VAT is added. Thus if possible i split my orders, for example if i want to order a bunch of stuff all together € 80 with free shipment :) Than i split it up into 4 separate orders and seperate payments of € 20. This to avoid 21% tax.. That saves me over €16.

Good to check if your country has a simmular arrangement.. It seems billing VAT over small payments is administartively to expensive for customs to collect it. :thumbup:

Ok so not to bad really. What happens do you pay DHL the tax on delivery?

I have seen different approaches used by the companies selling on Chinese websites. Some seem to put a lower value on their bill of goods whilst others put the full amount. This may or may not be accepted by customs and the goods can be inspected. If DHL / customs think tax needs to be paid you will get an email from them and then can pay online. None of the Chinese sellers that I have seen seem to add tax onto the selling price.

They should send a few units out to the top scapers out there. I wouldn't be game to pay top dollar for a product with poor warranty/customer service etc if something goes wrong. Also the longevity of the product needs to be solid too.

None of the Chinese sellers that I have seen seem to add tax onto the selling price.

In my case it was may 2017 and a private used item purchased from the USA via Ebay. Only showing the $150 sales price + international shipping costs.. The moment i hit the "Pay Now" button got redirected to Ebay pay service and they automaticaly added the 21% customs applicable for my country as final price i had to pay with a login button to Paypal. It was all calculated and arranged before Paypal came into play. Never heard a word from customs after that all was already taken careoff.

How they arranged it i do not know, it wasn't the seller, it wasn't paypal nor was it DHL or was it UPS i forgot.. ebay payment services itself came up with it. They must have made some international agreement on that, never seen it before. If this arangement is applied world wide or only between certain countries i also do not know.. My country at least does nowadays with ebay or maybe only the USA.

The last time before, maybe 2015, i orded a higher amount over $100 from the USA i had to pay an extra bill on top, weeks afterwards directly to our customs.

I rarely order such high amounts online.. But indeed i sometimes also notice that a China package from a $20 order shows a $10 value. I have no idea why the seller does that.. Maybe to avoid shipping delays. For me personaly it doesn't make a difference..

My major concern is the fan noise. I'm going to have a 60P in my room and you've seen the Scape I want in one of my earlier posts. That's why I'm deciding between the WRGB and VIVID Twinstar aren't as bright and get hot leading to a short lifetime and the brighter models are even more expensive and out of budget. WRGB seems to be a reliable light as the thermals are good but the VIVID just seems to be the ideal colour rendition and brightness. Just not sure about that fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I looked it up..

It's Ebay Global Shipping Program service in cahoots with Paypal.. :) making the buyer pay import and tax fees at checkout.
https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/s...pping-options/global-shipping-program?id=4646

But its indeed a Seller option and needs to subscribe to using this service, only available if paypal also is used. Than the global shipping program takes care of all extra duties.

What American ebayers are selling a Vivid then? I can only find them on Aliexpress(China)

Just ordered one from Aliexpress, used PayPal to pay and it cost a extra £7 to pay with PayPal at the checkout. Delivered by DHL so should be here in a couple of weeks:).

What American ebayers are selling a Vivid then? I can only find them on Aliexpress(China)

It doesn't need to be an American seller, just an international seller that is subscribed to the Global Shipping Program.. Only than is the TAX and import duty calculated at checkout. If you look in above link explaining the program and the Eligible countries, China is one of them..

Chihiros products are also sold on Ebay but mainly China vendors.

Still it depends if seller is not connected to this program than import and tax duties are the buyers responsibility after purchase. :)

But here is one from the states
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chihiros-A...h=item23b3733ad4:g:dl0AAOSwhr9cNqdx:rk:8:pf:0

Using this program it als says so at the shipping details....

Last edited:
It doesn't need to be an American seller, just an international seller that is subscribed to the Global Shipping Program.. Only than is the TAX and import duty calculated at checkout. If you look in above link explaining the program and the Eligible countries, China is one of them..

Chihiros products are also sold on Ebay but mainly China vendors.

Still it depends if seller is not connected to this program than import and tax duties are the buyers responsibility after purchase. :)

But here is one from the states
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chihiros-A...h=item23b3733ad4:g:dl0AAOSwhr9cNqdx:rk:8:pf:0

Using this program it als says so at the shipping details....

That light is not an RGB VIVID. it's just a normal Chihiros RGB

Back