• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cleaning tank with frogbit.

Lee iley

Just a quick one guys. Got some frogbit this week (thank you konsa) just wondering how do I go about cleaning the tank whilst this is in the tank. I have fishing line going across the tank to stop it floating around the tank. But when I drop the water down the frogbit will move.

Cheers Lee

I know some people use air hose but I just let it float around, accepting it will stick to my hands, equipment etc...

I just have a bowl with tank water and just lift out the frogbit when doing maintenance. Gives you a chance to thin it out when you’re finished and putting it back in the tank.
Yep thats what I do.Then put only what U need and rest dispose of or pass to someone that needs (wants)it.
Regards Konsa

I ran into this issue. Sometimes for a proper trim, i need to remove all my floaters. This will break roots and leaves off in the tank and they're a pain to collect. So I get a bowl and use an oversized comb, like a massive afro pick, to scoop out all the frogbit into said bowl. After I'm done I just put the frogbit back in one by one, rinsing it in tank water so the broken roots and leaves stay behind. I sell the rest to my LFS. Anyway, go to amazon and look for Anself Flat Wide Teeth Hair Comb. Stylists use it for flat tops and hair dyes. It even has a spirit level on it.

Sounds like a good way to take out the frogbit. Will try it see how it goes.
Cheers Lee

Back