• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Right or Wrong i don't know ?

Dadofthree

Well since i set this tank up I've had niggling green string hair algae not too bad but enough to iss you off if you know what i mean
I add tnc liquid carbon as per instructions daily didn't really see any plus or negative effects so a week ago i stopped using it same no plus or negative effects
Well my weekly maintenance involves
30/40% water changes i turn all my filters off and skimmers once refilled i turn all the equipment back on then add.ferts and tnc lc
Today things went slightly different because of time issues but the effects were amazing
Half way through refilling and before the equipment was turned back on so a stagnant tank i added my ferts and tnc lc to save time Well all algae completely dissolved turned white and broke down I turned all the filters and skimmers back on and tank cleared in minutes
Right or wrong i don't know but it has worked

Were you just dosing the water column before? I would guess with no circulation you basically spot dosed (put the whole dose in a small area) so it was much more concentrated.

Ye always dosed the whole tank including this time i spread 10/12ml along the whole tank

Back