• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Bulbasaur Garden

Gill

So I saw these In the garden centre last week. And just knew I had to buy them. As have wanted another lightbulb tank.

Holds about 4 litres.
Substrate: left over bag of mixed sands from work
NO hardscaping at all.
Plants: Echindorous purperea, Hygrophilia corymbosa Thai, Moss balls x10.
Filtration: 100lph air pump running a boyu small sponge filter.
Lighting: Ikea janso led

So at the moment have not done anything to it.
Just chucked in 4 vials of prodibio.
And the aforementioned plants.

Then added 6 heavily berried blue velvet shrimp and 2 leopard ramshorns.

Need to plant it properly etc.

Yes I know the corymbosa is a massive plant for this size, but I want to see what happens. As it is already sending up emergent growth after only a few days.

4ac2e8cafb12546f7a0a37917c1394f1.jpg

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
So the Boyu Sponge looked ugly in this.
So i took a Fluval Edge Prefilter sponge, and superglued it to a pebble. And simply pushed in an air stone to the bottom. This looks much better. And I will be covering the sponge with something.
Planted it up properly and seperated out all of the Purperea.
Was thinking about adding a Gold Dwarf Frog to this, but not sure.

So this is coning along nicely and with good growth.
Added some micro crabs last night. Not from store ad like talking to brick wall.
Ordered them from good old ebay. And arrived safely.

Thinking of added some hygrophilia lancea. As like this and not used it before.

Going to mod the sponge slightly. And add a tall uplift to it. To increase filtration capacity. Just going to cut a piece of eheim tubing to size as dont have any clear. Although might try and see if a biorb uplight will fit from a 15small.

Added a few fish just for something to look at.juvi sunset honeys dont worry wont be staying in here.
This fish going in will be some rare pygmy killie fish. That i am waiting on eggs for. So i can have a go at raising them. As have access to endless supply of live foods now.
Might setup a brine shrimp tub as have salted water now and lots of empty buckets etc.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Back