• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Critique my hardscape Critique wanted!

Tucker90

Go easy....

Any advice?

9e480b90fe093a9ab155fabe796af041.jpg

dc69a5459b2a4b57226cbe89af30bfd6.jpg

2143fb37d2cf951f0fbb1cbd2d9dee40.jpg

4d6397d11165f498348b7f081bb9803c.jpg

0e5c030d9b2810efa819aa386a24ff2d.jpg

Thanks
Thom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice. Try getting the large piece on the left to lie on an angle, pointing into the middle. Will balance a bit better.
K

the big rock on the left is actually 3 rocks! Will have a play and update!

Thanks!
Thom

Thom

Its great seeing a Mock tank being used.

It looks great well done.

My next step would be start your hardscape in your tank immediately.

The only changes I would make do not use the Square ended rock it looks out of place and is extremely distracting. The other is also a not required is the small rock out in the open front RH end again it's doing nothing to contribute to your hardscape.

All those twiggy pieces are looking very natural and will tie every thing together.

One very important point to remember the hardscape is the building block for all your planting and it will change the over all look completely.

Keith:wave::wave:

Thom

Its great seeing a Mock tank being used.

It looks great well done.

My next step would be start your hardscape in your tank immediately.

The only changes I would make do not use the Square ended rock it looks out of place and is extremely distracting. The other is also a not required is the small rock out in the open front RH end again it's doing nothing to contribute to your hardscape.

All those twiggy pieces are looking very natural and will tie every thing together.

One very important point to remember the hardscape is the building block for all your planting and it will change the over all look completely.

Thanks for the feed back Keith!

I’ve moved things about a bit, the square piece has been moved to be part of the wall with less distraction, if it’s still a distracting I’ll smash it up and use it to scatter in the sand,

The other small piece which was in the foreground, is now part of the wall again, covering a hole where some of the roots poke through!

I’ve also swapped the emerged pieces around with some slightly thicker bits, I personally prefer it!

e482dfa3e11cc2df2a3e346e98f04db4.jpg

26d01e32d52f12d1197385c972b71a67.jpg

bac885e033369982c0c81997351967cc.jpg

863c8aec51ab734b673c6c9d352b3b0a.jpg

Thanks
Thom

I'd be tempted to just lose the top squarish/oval rock that is dead centre. Too me that's a focal point and you don't really want those right in the middle.

View attachment 121223

i vote remove this one

replace with rock abt half its size

then done everything is great, maybe a bit more roots all over but its not a must.

Good job! :)

I'd be tempted to just lose the top squarish/oval rock that is dead centre. Too me that's a focal point and you don't really want those right in the middle.

Ive continues this in my journal but I’ll just put this here! That square rock was no good for anything! So it got the hammer and will be used for bits in the sand, the heathers gone into soak again as I want it to soaks as long as possible! It’s also got my sons tarantulas heat Mat under it! So might give it a boost!

Here’s what the scape ended up looking like!

4b1928bb25c3732530d6dfc1f597034a.jpg

450d88e44112f49658385515e4188d49.jpg

Thanks for all the advice!

Thom

Looks good now!

Very nice hardscape, i like the odd and uncommon Height of the stone (or at least looks tall). I think it would be very cool if you had a row of plants edging the stone at the bottom per say, and then moss on the top or anubias, or a mix etc. I'm interested to see what you do with it! got a link to your journal?

I think with all the adjustments it looks fantastic...all the rock work will look amazing covered in Anubias and Buce
What is the wood/branch called?

I think with all the adjustments it looks fantastic...all the rock work will look amazing covered in Anubias and Buce
What is the wood/branch called?

Thanks! And that’s the plan!

It’s fired heather from a friend farm! It’s been kiln dried and soaked for best part of a month!

Not sure how it’s gonna work out but always like an experiment!

Thom

You are all ready set go. One big tip the more you adjust bits and pieces you will never be satisfied, I have seen this too many times over the many years on Forums.

You and only you can actually see the overall picture of your tank. Remember once its planted it will look competently different. Then and only then would I start tweaking it.

Back