• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Shrimp and Livestock

DianeC

And another question on shrimp.
I have a little Fluval Spec V 19 litres, that I have made into a fry tank as I have moved the WCMM adults into the new tank.
I had a fry cage with fry in before moving the adults over which also had a thriving population of Daphnia. Once the adult were out, I emptied the cage into the Spec which only had 3 not fully grown Amano shrimp and 3 young Blue dream shrimp plus a pond snail left in. For the rest of the day I could see all fry and daphnia. The next morning when I put the lights on all the daphnia had disappeared and 90% were too big for the fry to eat. I wondered about this but then a week later as of last night I noticed some new fry visible in the tank and this morning I cannot see any than the original group. I know they may not all survive but now I have my suspicions about the shrimp. Are they the guilty party?

Hi
Daphnia dont really do heavy circulation and filtration.They do well in gentle flow.I think the filter is to blame
Regards Konsa

Hi
With fry is best sponge filters or sponge guards on filters. Anything that is able to suck them in is a no no.
Regards Konsa

Back