• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Re-education.....

If you were thinking of replacing this tank, what would you replace it with?....

• Total voters
Hi Ady, for me I can get Pinitifada to survive but it doesn’t really thrive. In fact I’m having more luck growing it in air, than water! Don’t loose hope it often seems to die back and then start growing again from lower down. T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes i find Pinitifada can be tricky too untill it gets established. I usually trim the older/ bigger leafs off once they start to look a Bit worse for wear.

Hi Ady, for me I can get Pinitifada to survive but it doesn’t really thrive. In fact I’m having more luck growing it in air, than water! Don’t loose hope it often seems to die back and then start growing again from lower down. T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes i find Pinitifada can be tricky too untill it gets established. I usually trim the older/ bigger leafs off once they start to look a Bit worse for wear.
Thanks, some of it is hanging in just new growth seems not right, stunted or malformed growth and leaf loss. I have grown it relitively successfully in my first aquascape ‘Dragons Crypt’, although it was always a bit leggy probably due to low light. You can see it here at the left:

2545FFF7-EAB5-4AA7-A837-54971B1AB984.jpeg

I have increased the photoperiod to 8 hours now and intensity peaks at 40% for 4 hours of the 8. The remainder of the photoperiod is raised to 35% with a half hour sunrise and 1hr sunset. I will stretch out the higher intensity period and perhaps increase intensity more over the coming days, although I may leave it at 40% for a while to monitor more closely.

Detrius is annoying me, perhaps the bristle nose were not a great long term choice for this scape.

I had 2 anubias petite melt and a third one lost a couple of leaves, I don’t know if this will fail totally. I re ordered anubias nana, however I have given that to my son as it was too large for this scape. I will need to get petite or an alternative for the gaps left.

Melting anubias, not pretty :sick:

D23BBD8C-3E2E-4B21-8F8F-085FEF12CBEB.jpeg

7C569B1D-7341-48F1-8B85-F1D5949F9737.jpeg

The tank seems to be turning a corner now though, there is currently no reoccurrence of the white spot effecting the fish and there have been no further deaths from jumping. The plants, although not perfect, are showing signs of growth now which makes me feel better. The bucephalandra are all showing better health and root growth too which is encouraging.

5A0FFABA-A867-4934-81A9-EB88A96734AD.png

9AD50A20-A6AF-4466-817C-64B207017AE6.png

Cheerio,
Ady.

Maybe this lil' post i have here will cheer ya up ady.

Even though your tank is going through some troubles right now, it still looks exquisite and even more so, elegant, at a distance of 10 feet away.

Now i do have a question if i might ask, what lights are you running? im certain you said somewhere before but i am to much of a lazy bum to look myself. :bookworm::angelic:

Maybe this lil' post i have here will cheer ya up ady.

Even though your tank is going through some troubles right now, it still looks exquisite and even more so, elegant, at a distance of 10 feet away.

Now i do have a question if i might ask, what lights are you running? im certain you said somewhere before but i am to much of a lazy bum to look myself. :bookworm::angelic:
Ha, thanks DutchMuch, it is nice to watch from my chair at least :couchpotato:
The lights are Twinstar 600SP x2.
Thanks,
Ady.

Got the same problem with anubias melt in my old 60p setup, I suspect ammonia 'burn' from new ada aquasoil...

Got the same problem with anubias melt in my old 60p setup, I suspect ammonia 'burn' from new ada aquasoil...
Yeah could be, however I think sometimes if the rhizome is damaged this may have an impact. Don’t know why mine went as I have no active soil. All just the anubias nana petite aswell, the rest are good :confused:

Yeah could be, however I think sometimes if the rhizome is damaged this may have an impact. Don’t know why mine went as I have no active soil. All just the anubias nana petite aswell, the rest are good :confused:

Second cause could be they get too cold during shipping?

Chihiros doctor......

EC791B49-57C4-4622-9B07-C6D2DD16E60B.jpeg

Quick phone video tonight.....

Cheerio,
Ady.

That doctor looks cool, but do you see any positive effects?

Tank is absolutely lovely, like the tetra's in there.
Thanks, I definitely see a positive effect on the fauna in the tank, the fish are much more settled and active without any early signs of co2 distress.
I initially thought my rock was ‘brighter’, however I’m unsure on this and I don’t tend to get algae on my rocks as a rule. The tank looks clearer and cleaner, but I cannot say with any certainty if this is down to the device.....it may even just in my head. I did purchase the chihiros with the sole intention of adding extra o2 to the tank, not as an algae prevention method. I’m not disappointed, especially given the low cost of these devices, I will continue to run it in any co2 injected tank......looking cool has a positive effect on me too, I find myself waiting for the mist :cool::p

Looks amazing mate that the golden tetra
Cheers, I really like them too, once everything settles I may add some black neons too for a slight contrast.

The tank looks clearer and cleaner, but I cannot say with any certainty if this is down to the device.....it may even just in my head.
I don't think it's just in your head Ady, that tank looks immaculate. And your fish have definitely settled well, they look like they're behaving quite naturally.

I don't think it's just in your head Ady, that tank looks immaculate. And your fish have definitely settled well, they look like they're behaving quite naturally.
Cheers Tim, I’m vacuuming bristlenose s**t daily though :mad::lol:

5046898F-DAF5-4C49-BD0C-DD4CBCA85A2E.jpeg

I’m pleased with how the fish have seemingly overcome their illness. Few fins to grow in again but hopefully they will be in perfect health in a week without reoccurrence.

Can i ask.where you got them from Ady
The fish? They were from my local Maidenhed aquatics.

Cheerio,

Back