• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Something dense for the back

tam

I need help with picking a plant(s). I want to fill out this blue bit particularly, at the moment it's the tail end of a very large anubias that's front end is escaping out of the tank, wrapped with some pennywort (which is a bit messy looking).

IMG_8009b.jpg

I was wondering about maybe a sword? Haven't had them before and there is a slightly overwhelming choice of varieties, or any other ideas?

I want the back to look denser, so you look through plants to see other plants.

IMG_8010b.JPG
IMG_8005b.JPG

Hi all,Bolbitis heudelotii?

I've some on the far right, doesn't show too well in the shadow of the anubias but seems very happy under the outflow of the filter. I'm wondering about adding a light above the tank for the anubias and adding more emersed plants? At the moment the anubias keeps sticking it's new leaves directly under the light bar and it's a bit big. If it's going to climb all the way out it needs light from a bit higher. I don't know if it will actually cope out of the water or it won't be humid enough.

I like the ozelot, and the ludwigia and the potamogeton - can't see anywhere actually selling the later though :(

Hi all,
I don't know if it will actually cope out of the water or it won't be humid enough.
I think when they find their own way out they tend to be OK. They usually end up poking out of all my tanks (leaf on left).

top_view-jpg.jpg

the potamogeton - can't see anywhere actually selling the later though
I think it is a <"production issue">. Marcel @zozo grows it.

cheers Darrel

It is a kind of production issue ... ...........when it was commercially available allmost nobody wanted it *ss*

That's a shame! Looks good to me, but I guess things go in and out of popularity. Maybe it will swing back around in future.

That's a shame! Looks good to me, but I guess things go in and out of popularity. Maybe it will swing back around in future.
Yes i'm growing Potamogeton gayi, mainly outdoors and in the summer it realy takes off.
dsc_0323-jpg.jpg

If you want some i can send you some. Each summer again a throw a bucket full of it in the bin.. But than i recommend to wait till after the winter.. If it's rooted properly it survives mild frost periodes. I'm not sure it survives frost packed in a plastic bag and enveloppe.. :)

Anyway, pm me your address and i'll make sure you get a suprise delivery one day, soon..

Last edited:
Nice, might even be the same species, looks the same leaf shape. Mine does have a few brown patches around the leaf edges, but I'm not sure if that's where it's resting on the hot LED as much as being too dry.

Hi tam
U can try Cryptocorine Spiralis it is supposed to get to about 40cm but mine is 25 ish only as it dont really like my tanks.lol
Or even the good old balansae but will need hard trims to keep in check
Regards Konsa

Hi all,
Mine does have a few brown patches around the leaf edges, but I'm not sure if that's where it's resting on the hot LED
I think that plant is just plain Anubias barteri, and the burn mark (on the right hand leaf) is definitely from it resting up against the light diffuser. I had two compact fluorescent tubes at that point, with a cover/ reflector above them, but soon after that I swapped them out for two unidirectional LED Corn row lights, which meant that t I could take the cover of and they now run a lot cooler.

cheers Darrel

Back