• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

DC aquariums ?

Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone’s had experience with DC aquariums, specifically for a custom tank.
Just got a quote for a 100cm x 30 x 30 Optiwhite back and sides for 70 pound which seems a lot lower than some non custom aquariums of the same volume so just looking how the build quality etc would be.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone’s had experience with DC aquariums, specifically for a custom tank.
Just got a quote for a 100cm x 30 x 30 Optiwhite back and sides for 70 pound which seems a lot lower than some non custom aquariums of the same volume so just looking how the build quality etc would be.
Thanks

Silicone work won't be as clean as known opti-white manufacturers, also the glass isn't just as clear.

Good prices though, and approachable for custom requirements. Have used them many times.

Hi all,
Thanks

Hi
If U opt for getting it will U please post few close ups as Im planning a custom tank atm.
Regards Konsa

Silicone work won't be as clean as known opti-white manufacturers, also the glass isn't just as clear.

Good prices though, and approachable for custom requirements. Have used them many times.

Thanks, so you mind showing some pics?
Looking for a high tech modern looking aquarium and it will be like a peninsula so really want a kind of crystal clear look so would you recommend staying away from them then?

Thanks, so you mind showing some pics?
Looking for a high tech modern looking aquarium and it will be like a peninsula so really want a kind of crystal clear look so would you recommend staying away from them then?

Will try for pics when I'm home :)

I would recommend them to anyone looking for well built tanks, but if you're looking for really high quality as quite rightly demanded by aquascaping, I wouldn't recommend. Saying that, a lot of the tanks I had built were nano, so it was more noticeable the silicone work etc

Here are some examples, please excuse the poor quality of the "scapes" if they can even be called that lol. All are DC aquariums in opti

IMG_20170708_004531.jpg
IMG_20160917_200207.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20160819_172107.jpg
    IMG_20160819_172107.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 83
Nice scapes but my cheap Chinese Fire Aqua 60x45x45 has way less silicone visible! And I thought mine was messy compared to ADA.

They ain’t bad scapes at all,
But I see what you mean, or does look kind of sloppy with the silicone, I might shop around see what I can’t get. If it’s the matter of an extra 50 pound for slightly tidier it would be worth it but depends how much others quote. I messaged NACD and am waiting a reply, any other recommendations for this size kinda tank ?
Thanks

Hi all,
Thanks

Yes I got one from then. Very good quality, nice people and reasonable price. I'll always be back with them.

Back