• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquarium foam pad issue?

Fred13

Hello,

I am rescaping the tank and i noticed that the foam pad under the tank does not fit 100%.

It is like 2-3mm of glass dont sit on it properly. The tank was running for about 9 months but i saw that now .

I am attaching you few photos to understand what i mean.

Should i do anything like put a piece of a same foam pad under the corner or i am fine?
ps. i cannot move the tank atm .

Thank you very much

Attachments

• IMG_0892.JPG
    IMG_0892.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0896.JPG
    IMG_0896.JPG
    973.5 KB · Views: 203
Fred

Personally I would not be concerned at all. Seeing you are concerned and the tank is empty why not replace it with a new piece and at the same time clean and repaint the timber base/edging.
img_0896-jpg.jpg

Keith:wave::wave:

Fred

Personally I would not be concerned at all. Seeing you are concerned and the tank is empty why not replace it with a new piece and at the same time clean and repaint the timber base/edging.
img_0896-jpg.jpg

Goodmorning,

I cannot move the tank now, hardscape is almost done in it.. I can add a piece under that corner for psychological purposes if that makes sense...

Fred

I misunderstood the stage the Aquascape was. You can add a piece under the tank but remember the old foam will be compressed a little that means you might have to sand it down a whisker to fit it under.

Myself Fred I would photo the set up, empty it of hardscape and redo to your photo after sorting the base matting out, better safe than sorry

2-3mm will be fine. It's when people come to us saying my tank overhangs my foam pad/wooden base by 2-3 cm we start getting worried.

Fred

I misunderstood the stage the Aquascape was. You can add a piece under the tank but remember the old foam will be compressed a little that means you might have to sand it down a whisker to fit it under.

Myself Fred I would photo the set up, empty it of hardscape and redo to your photo after sorting the base matting out, better safe than sorry
2-3mm will be fine. It's when people come to us saying my tank overhangs my foam pad/wooden base by 2-3 cm we start getting worried.

Thank you all for your answers !
Tank was running with no problems for about 9 months but now during the rescape my ocd came up ;)

It is difficult now to remove so many kgs of stone and then rescape . I also believe that the problem will remain . I mean the pad is maybe 2-3mm shorter.. I remember myself struggling to put it in place.
I will buy a small foam , cut it and glue it in there to fill that small gap.. I believe that can do the trick .

Back