• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA 75P

soggybongo

Started collecting bits and bobs over the last 12 months and now the living room is nearly finished being decorated I though it was about time I made a move on my little piece of nature.

Glass - ADA 75P 75Lx45Wx45D.
Cabinet - ADA Gun metal silver cabinet.
Lighting - 2X Kessil A360WE Tuna Sun with spectral controller.

Frosted the back glass using a company called EVOWRAP.
went for there bubble free version.

As you can see I have wall mounted the lights on pipes that only cost £8 (bargain)
Undecided where to place the spectral controller!

I will be doing the initial fill to level the tank off later tonight as I don't want to start scaping only to find it moves slightly once filled.

I'll be updating along with vids throughout this thread so any advice is more than welcome.

Thanks for looking.

20190127_185354_zps2lvwuchm.jpg

20190127_185514_zpswsau0c9c.jpg

20190127_191529_zpseicojnve.jpg

Nice looking scape.
I would add a couple more rocks against the wood on the left side. Or try moving the one you have on the left now up against the wood.

After sitting on this for a week I have made a few small changes and now happy to crack on planting tomorrow morning.
just got to sort the wiring from lights out (tidy up) soundproof cabinet and install plug extension sockets.

20190208_192957_zps57updylm.jpg

20190208_193328-2_zpsdpgux9rm.jpg

Latest version is definitely an improvement. An advise would to avoid the sharp 90 degree angles unless carefully implemented in the layout - these angles quickly become static and basically unnatural to look at

Latest version is definitely an improvement. An advise would to avoid the sharp 90 degree angles unless carefully implemented in the layout - these angles quickly become static and basically unnatural to look at

Hi Shinobi, sort of get where you are coming from, if you are on about the large wood trunk that is leaning forward sort of toppling over. had to place it like this in order to reduce large shadow spots and none growable areas. thanks for your input mate.

The wood is awesome are you going for any epiphytes? The shadow areas are ideal for anubias etc. much easier that way to avoid algae on old leaves. They can pretty much grow in the dark!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The wood is awesome are you going for any epiphytes? The shadow areas are ideal for anubias etc. much easier that way to avoid algae on old leaves. They can pretty much grow in the dark!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a load of anubias nana on order and loads of different types of moss in my other tank.

@soggybongo I'd be interested to find out how you went about sound proofing the cabinet?

hi mate sorry for late update mate, I really wanted a quiet aquarium so no hum from pumps, filter especially on a wooden floor and in a large room that echos. The cabinet feet are sat on a thin rubber about 5mm thick. I have also fully insulated the inside of my cabinet inc the door. this has made a massive difference from a slight hummmmmm of my filters when cabinet door is open to total silence apart from a whisper from the 2x kessil light fans. once lights are off it is totally silent.

The product I used

"ADHESIVE BACKED TRI LAMINATE 11MM RIGID FOAM"
purchased from www.carinsulation.co.uk

click on sound deadening then 3M if you have a really loud cabinet you can go 4m that I used I'm my marine setup but costs a little more.

Last edited:
Back