• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

NACD Nature Aquarium

Hi,

You can leave the co2 running 24/7 at lower bps..with the twinstar and the skimmer always on, there is almost no danger for the livestock.

I'm doing that in all my tank since 2 years and never had any problem, just make sure the drop checker stays in the green zone. ;)

Hmm I will think about it.

Just had a huge maintenance session, cleaned everything and removed nearly all the melting plants.
0bb8815bddc111bc2df35bbce9c3eaa7.jpg

Hopefully things improve with the new CO2 and water change regime.

Cheers!
R

Not saw many shrimp the past few days. But today all of a sudden they've all showed up! Upon further inspection I found some molt, they must have been hiding.
abeb586b62c82e4fea5eb9d09280cb71.jpg

Fish tomorrow. I'll keep the species a secret until then.

Cheers!
Ra

P.S,

I have made some improvements to the tank. I finally managed to get some mesh in the skimmer how Tim mentioned without it sinking, this solution is much less of an eye sore and plus the top portion is nice and boyant unlike before (I have no idea why it didn't work before haha!).
The skimmer is now at the back left of the aquascape creating a much better flow around the whole tank whilst still diffusing the co2 at the same rate as before. I've been able to crank the speed up on the skimmer too, providing a good current around the tank in a clockwise rotation.
The Pogostemon has been struggling from the lack of flow, this should help it!

Flow
5ae4ef7e272b61772fa6892df453c91b.jpg

FTS last one before fish
c46c59bd4bba695d739698bc7f7a9f6d.jpg

Cheers guys,
Ra

Last edited:
11 Rummynose Tetra added today, they’re being shy and hiding under the wood. I’ll post some pictures tomorrow. The employees at Maidenhead Aquatics mentioned it would take a day or two for them to be comfortable in the tank.

I’ll keep you posted.

Cheers,
Ra

11 Rummynose Tetra added today, they’re being shy and hiding under the wood. I’ll post some pictures tomorrow. The employees at Maidenhead Aquatics mentioned it would take a day or two for them to be comfortable in the tank.

I’ll keep you posted.

Cheers,
Ra

Rummynose gets an little too big for this tank IMO.

They seem happy enough, colouring up nicely already and starting to venture around, caught them this morning shoaling back and forth. They had a feed this morning and took it well!

Cheers,
Ra

They seem happy enough, colouring up nicely already and starting to venture around, caught them this morning shoaling back and forth. They had a feed this morning and took it well!

Cheers,
Ra

Well, I don't Doubt they will be OK un your setup mate. ;)

But there are so many small tetra species that would suit this 60p better that I'm a little disapointed by your fish choice :pompus:

I have a feeling my dosing wasn't enough for the aquarium, noticed some holes on maybe 5 or so leaves and slight yellowing. I was only dosing 5ml a day as per the bottle but that was for 50L. I've upped the dosing to 7ml a day to see if plant health improves, fingers crossed! I did some reading and someone mentioned MC can brown and melt due to a Potassium deficiency. I will monitor the tank this week and update tomorrow with a picture after maintence :D

Cheers,
R

What is your light set on the ferts should be fine as there isn't a massive plant mass in there as of yet

So just over 60% on the twinstar maybe a little to high for a new tank mine is only on 70% and tank is 3 months old and I dose 5ml tnc daily on a 45p

Thanks for the tips dude, my plan for tomorrow was to get some tropica floating plants (Salvinia Auriculata) from Pets at Home (I was shocked to find they stock these!). This will reduce the light level and provide vital cover for my shy rummies. Hopefully they have Siamensis 53B in stock too, the tank is missing a broad leafed stem plant.

Updates tomorrow..!

Cheers,
R

You could try reposioning your co2 diffuser to the front left of your tank oposite your lily pipe outflow. This way the flow from your lily pipe will hit the oposite glass travel down over the co2 diffuser back along the bottom taking max co2 to your mc plus forground carpet plants, see if this improves things.
Nice tank btw.

The skimmer is positioned so it distributes the co2 from back right to the front, the lily then circulates it round further. Thanks for the kind comment, this tank has now taken a jungle turn which I'm enjoying, I've always been a fan of a Nature aquarium style scape.

Cheers,
Ra

Back