• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Precipitation of micronutrient in storage bottle

Simon Cole

I apologise because this question must have been asked a thousand times before. I mix my micronutrients from dry salts and tap water, and I keep them in a bottle in the dark. After about a week they sometimes form a dark precipitate in the lower quarter of the bottle. Is there an easy way to fix this?

Hi Simon
Best if you use de-ionsed or distilled water!
Or even RO water.
Add Ascorbic Acid and Potassium Sorbate.
Have a read through the link below....;)
www.theplantedtank.co.uk/allinone.htm
hoggie

I use RO or distilled. But if you dont have easy access to it boiling the water first removes the temporary hardness of the tap water and if thats still not enough double the amount of water you add to the salts and just double the amount your dosing;)

I've not tested it yet, but it is on the hard side. I think you are absolutely right - too much hardness.

I'm going to give this all In one solution a go this week end as my Tnc is about finished just ordered the E300 and E202 off Amazon for £4.50 Got every thing else so might as well has any one else made the all in one

I also use tap water, and ad a little vinegar to it to bring pH down. The mixture stays clear now, so it works for me.

any weak acid should help prevent the mould, well thats what 'Darrel' informed me ;)

Back