• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Frosted vinyl background

Fred13

Hello,

I am interested to get a frosted vinyl background for the tank. I already have a white mat but i havent put it yet.
I believe that frosted is better but my fear is that it is permanent . As the copycorner shop told me sandblasted vinyls have strong glue.

So what i should do if i have to remove it? I am afraid of destroying the glass.

Any experience and help about that would be great!

Thank you,
Fred

I have the white frosted ADA and the glue is on the flat side of the plastic it would come right off. They do put it on the rough side of the plastic as it wouldn't stick good.

I have the white frosted ADA and the glue is on the flat side of the plastic it would come right off. They do put it on the rough side of the plastic as it wouldn't stick good.
There are static window films that will attach themselves without any glue.

Hello and thank you!

Ada does not have frosted vinyls for my tanks dimensions.

Yes! I found those window films that attach without glue in Amazon. I guess that i will try them.

I purchased a frosted background from Amazon, it is glue free and was very easy to apply as you can simply remove it and put it back on as many times as you like. Will upload a photo shortly to show you the results as well as a link to the product I used. Hope it helps.

I purchased a frosted background from Amazon, it is glue free and was very easy to apply as you can simply remove it and put it back on as many times as you like. Will upload a photo shortly to show you the results as well as a link to the product I used. Hope it helps.

Yes please, that would be great ! :)

Here is the background on my tank

Attachments

• 20190212_163226.jpg
    20190212_163226.jpg
    8.1 MB · Views: 2,122
  • 20190212_163226.jpg
    20190212_163226.jpg
    8.1 MB · Views: 668
I suppose it depends on the effect you are looking for I think you may be wanting a fog effect more than the frosted effect?

I suppose it depends on the effect you are looking for I think you may be wanting a fog effect more than the frosted effect?
Yes! i prefer the foggy one ! Like the ada vinyl but not the ada since it doesnt have for my dimensions. Do you have any link for a "foggy" film?

Yes! i prefer the foggy one ! Like the ada vinyl but not the ada since it doesnt have for my dimensions. Do you have any link for a "foggy" film?
after a search i think that what i am looking for is the "white frost". I think you have the pure frosted film.

Like the ada vinyl but not the ada since it doesnt have for my dimensions.

Hi @Fred13, I saw in one of the online videos that the vinyl can be cut to size. So if you like one, you should be able to get one larger than your tank (unless they don't make them big enough!) and just trim it to size. Here's a video of Jurijs doing this:

I would hope the ADA film can be treated the same.

Regards

Michael

Back