• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

NatureScape - The End

The theia is my favourite buce.
Thanks Ady, when I got it home I realised it was much bigger than I'd thought and had to shoehorn it in. It's in a much brighter position than I would have liked, it might get covered in GSA given time.

Thanks also @CooKieS, @Harry H and @Jayefc1 for the kind comments :)

A quiet thought...

100% water change...
47112138641_7fe5fe28cc_b.jpg

33236862988_9d7331331e_b.jpg

by Tim Harrison, on Flickr

Why 100% WC?

Looks very healthy! Bravo

I'm getting some bba on my tank, on the top woods, doesn't bother me for now but I've to keep an eye on that horrible thing :)

Thanks @Zeus. the vid was taken just after water change today with light on max, so cheating slightly, but ordinarily the plants pearl like that as the photoperiod progresses.

@CooKieS Thanks, just because I can...I swapped from carrying buckets to using a hose, so it's no extra work :cool:
Don't mention bba :confused: So far I haven't any noticeable algae.

Tank looks so good, love the plant selection and the health of them all too.
Thanks @Zeus. the vid was taken just after water change today with light on max, so cheating slightly, but ordinarily the plants pearl like that as the photoperiod progresses.
Lol, I did exactly the same thing the other night after a water change, only time I’ve ever seen my plants pearling though :lol:

Tank looks so good, love the plant selection and the health of them all too.
Thanks Ady, instead of agonising over which plants would suit the scape I just bought the ones I liked the most. I've started to increase the light intensity by 5% up to 65% now, I'll see how it goes with regards to plant health and algae. The aim is to try and redden the stems at the back up a bit.
Lol, I did exactly the same thing the other night after a water change, only time I’ve ever seen my plants pearling though :lol:
Tricks of the trade :D

Very nice Tim! Never had a planted tank without algae, I guess your tank must be very boring and unchallenging :)
:lol::lol:
I reckon the challenge is keeping it that way....

Nice, any plans on livestock yet?
I'm just going to throw the fish I had before back in; they're in a holding tank atm. I'll transfer them sometime next week..then no more 100% water changes.
Very nice Tim! Never had a planted tank without algae, I guess your tank must be very boring and unchallenging :)
Thanks, I don't really ever get that much, usually just some GSA on slower growing anubias and buces, but then my light intensity is relatively low and photoperiod short. The exception was the scape before; I had serious algae issues, but I reckon that was because the DW I used was disintegrating.
However, I'm going to be turning up the intensity on this scape, in the spirit of experimentation and as part of the learning process, so we will see...
Why that much cloudy?! Nice o2 though :)) I have the twinstar but i haven't used it yet.. Could you please tell me how often it turns on?
Probably due to O2 saturation; the tank has just had a water change so it'll be quite high, ordinarily it doesn't turn the water that cloudy. The Twinstar works on an algorithm so tbh I'm not sure. Mine seems to come on every hour or two. Either way, I reset it after the weekly water change.
:lol::lol:
I reckon the challenge is keeping it that way....
Amen to that...:rolleyes:
Mesmerising...Maybe one day I might have such aquascaping skills!Fil
Thanks Filip, honestly you don't seem to be doing too badly at all. The plant growth you're getting in your monster tank is fantastic.
Tim

A beautiful and very relaxing video to watch.

Keith:wave::wave:
Thanks Keith, I'm thinking of doing an extended cut at some point :)
Don't worry, they always come, soon or later:D
Hopefully, much later...;)

Back