• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New planted tank

danclouds

Seedling
Hi All,

New to the forum and wanted to know what peeps think of the scape.

All feedback is welcome
4ade51fb83c27059b674ccdec4461c2f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi
Looks lovely. Cant wait to see it develop.Do U mind sharing your plant list.
Keep the updates comming
Regards Konsa

Thanks konsa. It’s the second one I’ve done so went a bit crazy trying out different plants.

Rotala rotundifolia
Ludwigia arcuata
Lileaopsis novae-zelandiae
Hygrophia polysperma
Rotala wallichii
Crypocoryne sp red
Limnophila aromatica
Hygrophila compacta mini
Juncus repens
Pogostemon helferi
Christmas moss
Buceaphelandra sp red
Monte Carlo
Hydrocotyle sp Japan

And just today added so Anubias nana pinto and Cyprus helferi.

Thought the polysperma would be good to fight any algae but I’ll probably remove it at some point. Maybe

Nice work, good triangle rock layout. I wonder if the wood might look better if it followed the line of the rock? T

Nice work, good triangle rock layout. I wonder if the wood might look better if it followed the line of the rock? T

Yeah ask myself that every time I look at it but really wanted some of the wood to come out the surface. Also the wood still shifted when I filled it. Bit yeah I agree.

Also forgot to add. It has white clouds and rams horn snails (maybe a few too many now). Any suggestions on fish and or inverts would be cool

danclouds
New to the forum and wanted to know what peeps think of the scape.
You might be new to this forum but am I correct in saying you are not new to Aquascaping?

It is looking very good and it will be very interesting to see how it develops.

Keith:wave::wave:

The scape looks very nice well done. I like the lay out. Amano shrimp are a good invert to have. They will keep them rocks clean.

Cheers Lee

danclouds

You might be new to this forum but am I correct in saying you are not new to Aquascaping?

It is looking very good and it will be very interesting to see how it develops.

Keith:wave::wave:

Thanks for the comment Keith. I did build a planted tank a few years ago but this is my first high tech tank.

The scape looks very nice well done. I like the lay out. Amano shrimp are a good invert to have. They will keep them rocks clean.

Cheers Lee

Great advice Lee! Amano Shrimp it is. What do think about dwarf chain loaches to help with the snails?

Great advice Lee! Amano Shrimp it is. What do think about dwarf chain loaches to help with the snails?

Don't really know much about the loaches tbh. But some one on here will.

Cheers Lee

Not had them myself but I have asked the same question before now... they are expensive (£10 each at my LFS) and you need a group of 6 or more for them to feel happy, but they are very effective from what I hear.

Not had them myself but I have asked the same question before now... they are expensive (£10 each at my LFS) and you need a group of 6 or more for them to feel happy, but they are very effective from what I hear.

Thanks Matt. I started thinking that it might be an idea to get ottos to take the snails food source away. Rather than getting something I didn’t really plan on.

Back