• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aqua medic 1000

Kostas

Hello everyone u am trying to make my aqua medic co2 reactor work. I bought it last year tbh but it didn't seem to work correctly I gave it another go today and I would appreciate it if you could have a look at this video showing it work and tell me if you see anything wrong.
Just want to note that I don't see any bubbles coming out of the output, does that mean that all of the co2 is being dissolved? I can't tell from the drop checker yet cause I just changed it today (I usually have the glass diffuser)

If you dont have a buildup of gas in the top, makes sense all is dissolving ( or you have a leak), DC or pH profile will tel.
I don't see any leaks whatsoever. All the pipes are full of water from the circulation and the reactor itself seems secure. Fingers crossed

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Can't see the video. I'd take all the media out. Works perfectly like that and you can see what's going on much better.

You shouldn't see any bubbles in the tank. That's the point. There's a gif of it working in my forest journal.
That looks great. How can I open it?

Does any 1 know how can I open the aqua medic reactor to remove the balls? Does it unscrew or I need heat guns etc?

Does any 1 know how can I open the aqua medic reactor to remove the balls? Does it unscrew or I need heat guns etc?

Unscrews at the bottom. First time is a bit scary. Also helpful to shorten the hose tails to 16/22 pipe fittings if you have that one.

They do work better with no media, the top and bottom both have large nuts that can be unthreaded to remove. You may need ptfe tape to get a good seal after opening, be careful to not over tighten it and thread it.

Just to check as it's hard to see.. flow going in the top out the bottom right?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

They do work better with no media, the top and bottom both have large nuts that can be unthreaded to remove. You may need ptfe tape to get a good seal after opening, be careful to not over tighten it and thread it.

Just to check as it's hard to see.. flow going in the top out the bottom right?

Thank you. Sorry but English is not my first language and I don't quite understand what you mean by unthreaded. Yes the flow is downwards. Meaning that the bubble tries to go up but the flow is pushing it down

Thank you. Sorry but English is not my first language and I don't quite understand what you mean by unthreaded. Yes the flow is downwards. Meaning that the bubble tries to go up but the flow is pushing it down

That's correct with flow.
Just meant that it is easy to tighten the nut too much and damage it so be firm but gentle :)

I managed to remove the bio balls from the reactor but the drop checker shows dark green to blue. I don't think it's leaking whatsoever. But when I cleaned my aquarium today I turned off the pump that's pumping into the reactor and I noticed that the gas inside (the gas was running) didn't accumulate in it. Now that I think about it maybe it was moving into the pipe on top but I didn't check at that moment
Still I don't really trust it and I think I'll keep the glass diffuser for now. When and if the plants are stable I'll try it for a day or so

Back