• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Drop checker

I know not to completely go by the drop checker but does anyone else's stay constantly green/lime 24/7? Fluid is ok as it happens every time even after renewing fluid. I have a slight ripple on the surface and co2 is on for 8 hrs and Fish seem ok.

Last edited:
I have this too. I think it's fairly normal? I suppose if you ran an airstone overnight for a few hours it would go darker / blue by the morning. I also have just a small surface ripple on my tank, haven't noticed any fish gasping (have been a bit worried sometimes about the mollies coming up at the top, but they are just trying to eat any junk that is floating lol)

I know not to completely go by the drop checker but does anyone else's stay constantly green/lime 24/7? Fluid is ok as it happens every time even after renewing fluid. I have a slight ripple on the surface and co2 is on for 8 hrs and Fish seem ok.
What fluid are you using? Pre mixed or making your own? It is unusual to stay lime green all the time. Try removing it from the tank water and leaving overnight out of the tank. If it doesn’t return to blue this way then something is wrong with the solution.

There should be a positive indication of colour change within 20mins of the drop checker coming out the tank, you can shorten this time drastically by shaking the beejeezus out of it for a couple of minutes that'll get the CO₂ out (also a good way to get a titration pH sample to show degassed value straight after the saturated value), if there is no colour change then as above something is wrong with the fluid.

Ok I will try taking from the tank, I'm using the JBL oh plus drop checker and fluid it's premixed so straight out the bottle drop it in the checker. I've also used the JBL co2 test kit and it does read roughly in oar par the checker which is about 30-40ppm fish seem fine although I did turn co2 down abit last night as fish seemed abit sluggish and shrimp were hanging around top of filter. I've got ripples in the water too maybe I need some more surface agitation. Ill try checker out the tank.

Back