• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Issues with inline diffuser

H.Alves

So i have always used in tank diffusers, like the NEO but decided to give inline diffusers a go and purchase one of ebay (which supposedly is similar to JBL proflora direct, but with finer bubbles).

s-l1600.jpg

The issue i am having with it, is that i cant get it to give me the proper CO2 levels without releasing big bubbles. If i tune it down so that i dont see bubbles, the CO2 indicator keeps blue, but as soon as i turn it up a bit more, then thousand of large bubbles come out from the lily pipe.

Is there a way to over come this? Do they need some time or initial pressure to "settle"?

Since its attached on the outflow connected to a lily pipe how to avoid the CO2 to be released immediately to the surface?

Its installed on a 80cm tank connected on the outflow of an eheim 2217, so 12/16mm.

Any help, tips are greatly appreciated.

If it's going from a fine mist to looking like an air stone outflow then the pressure is sneaking around the ceramic part inside the housing, these Inlines can be dismantled to replace the ceramic and there should be a washer between the ceramic and the housing, it might not be tight enough. I wrapped the ends of my ceramic with PTFE tape and reassembled, also did the threads on the part holding the ceramic, it stopped the issue. I also passed this information on to another user on these forums and his unit failed while reassembling (the plastic is extremely brittle), this was a workable solution for me the first time I did this and I didn't have issue until I subsequently redid this procedure to clean the ceramic and the nut separated from the body while I was tightening it back up.

The solution if you can't fix it is to buy a Qanvee atomiser instead. Metal and Acrylic construction (acrylic with some heft to it) gas pressure isn't popping this open. Many others on the forums have switched to using this unit now with great success, no bad feedback unlike these brittle things (been through a few).

:)

Thanks for the reply but mine is the old version that you cannot disassemble to replace the ceramic. i will see how it goes in the upcoming days otherwise i will have to replace it.

Did not know that Qanvee diffuser. Seems a nice design and would have got that one instead in a heartbeat. Its also cheaper then the one i got and ceramic can be replaced.

Was considering a VIV in tank glass diffuser but if i need to replace might get one of those. Thanks for the heads up :thumbup:

So after cranking it up quite a bit last night and leave it on for a while at a higher setting, today tank CO2 level is good with very minimal bubble seen. I guess the membrane needed to be pushed a bit harder for optimum performance since its a new.

Back