• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60p - "Greener Pastures"

1 week update - things are growing fast!
20190308_164534.jpg

Final pic in 2 months? :D:clap:

Awesome colors with that ada solar, love it!

Any livestock idea yet?

Final pic in 2 months? :D:clap:

Awesome colors with that ada solar, love it!

Any livestock idea yet?

Thanks!

I was thinking of perhaps a group of red phantom tetras, I'd say their shape and colour would look nice in contrast to the layout. Yes IAPLC deadline I already just around the corner :D

The Glossostigma looks great! Any secret to keeping it nice and dense like that? Never had much success with it.

You can't go wrong with hyphessobrycon sp., lovely choice. ;)

May I ask Why you switched back to neo CO2 diffuser?

Some toothbrush cleaning will help on those Beautiful rocks. Can't wait to buy those ancient stones, finally found some from a new local scape store!

Cheers

The Glossostigma looks great! Any secret to keeping it nice and dense like that? Never had much success with it.

One of the goals for this tank is to achieve a glosso carpet similar to what the maintenance elfs over at the ADA gallery have done. Done right, it can actually be one of the lowest and densest carpets.
Now mine is not there yet, and at this point I'm letting it grow out a bit before cutting it completely down again. It's quite weedy and will regrow from barely anything and promote the growth pattern that I'm trying to achieve. Also it seems to benefit a lot from high light and soft acidic water.

Photo from Nature Aquarium Gallery:
20190403_225442.jpg

You can't go wrong with hyphessobrycon sp., lovely choice. ;)

May I ask Why you switched back to neo CO2 diffuser?

Some toothbrush cleaning will help on those Beautiful rocks. Can't wait to buy those ancient stones, finally found some from a new local scape store!

Cheers

Yes, they're quite lovely and I wanted to try some larger species for a overall different impression - also hopefully get the red colours popping through good diet, for that contrast.

The tank overall, is in need of a big maintenance. Major trim of EVERYTHING! Tank is still balancing, and as so, some initial algae is still on retreat. It'll disappear on its own once the tank settles in.

I'll unfortunately had a leak from my atomizer. Co2art is sending me a replacement, so I'm anxiously waiting for it to arrive since I'm blasting way over double the amount of Co2 through the Neo diffuser and gets worse dissolution rates - so it's only there as a temporary replacement

One of the goals for this tank is to achieve a glosso carpet similar to what the maintenance elfs over at the ADA gallery have done. Done right, it can actually be one of the lowest and densest carpets.
Now mine is not there yet, and at this point I'm letting it grow out a bit before cutting it completely down again. It's quite weedy and will regrow from barely anything and promote the growth pattern that I'm trying to achieve. Also it seems to benefit a lot from high light and soft acidic water.
Wow that's incredibly compact. Are you using RO water?

If you want a low growing carpet, perhaps Elatine Hydropiper would be a good idea. It's apparently demanding, but it's a smaller and slower growing lookalike to Glossostigma, or so I've heard.

Love the look of low and dense carpets, looks much better than the typical rotting and detatching carpets that grow up and up.

If you want a low growing carpet, perhaps Elatine Hydropiper would be a good idea. It's apparently demanding, but it's a smaller and slower growing lookalike to Glossostigma, or so I've heard.

Love the look of low and dense carpets, looks much better than the typical rotting and detatching carpets that grow up and up.

Yes, e. Hydropiper is an awesome plant, but very small and very slow growing. Impressive roots!

Here's mine;

19040507250421202.jpg

EH does look similar, I have had a full carpet of it in the past. It is a bit to sensitive to heat for my taste, and also a very slow grower
20171218_182824_IMG_2849.jpg

I see you have achieved to compact glosso carpet - congrats! I'm not entirely sure whether I like the Eleocharis vivipara or not, but that's details. Really nice scape!

Back