• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Is this Cryptocoryne or Aponogeton?

maboleth

I'm fairly certain this is a Cryptocoryne... there's no bulb to be Aponogeton. But I'm confused? Can you please specify?

It's a hardy, non-demanding plant.

PSX_20190310_020733.jpg

Last edited:
Hi
I would say its a Cryptocoryne sp!
Cryptocoryne aponogetifolia or Cryptocoryne balansae....could be candidates!...;)
hoggie

Thanks guys so much! I think it's C. aponogetifolia. It could also be C. balansae, but it has more uniform dents and bumps, while C. aponogetifolia leaves are more "wavy".

Defenitely Crypt. aponogetifolia........ leaves looking very aponogetifolia-like (hence the name), so your doubt is well founded . Back in time, this species was mixed up with Crypt. usteriana, both labelled Crypt. aponogetifolia, so you can find mis-leading info.

^ Thanks! Looks great in the tank as a background plant and fairly easy to keep. :)

Very easy to keep, yes, tolerating very hard water - which is why this species is a favourite for Malawi-and Tanganyiki-cichlid tanks.

Back