• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Buce Drift - now 11 buce varieties strong

Now stocked with 11 species of bucephalandra, decided to remove and replant most of the buces so I could plant in groups so I can keep track of them since there's so many now

Also put another frosted background on it and undecided, it's much better than the last but I'm not sure if a background works with this scape or not

20190223_190734.jpg
20190223_191536.jpg
20190223_191551.jpg
20190223_191515.jpg

I like that frosting looks good and the duce are amazing mate

Thanks Jay :thumbup: the background has grown on me so will be staying for the time being.

I am having second thoughts if pinnatifida is the right plant behind the low section of the wood, tempted to replace this with Hydrocotyle Tripartita Japan or something else to get a bit more of a green background......

:nailbiting:

unless anyone else has a better idea on planting behind the low section of wood (middle to right) then i'm thinking about placing a low stone at the join of the wood and moving the pinnitafida onto that as it's not giving the look i want being spaced out and planted in the substrate, it's a shaded area so might not be great but would give the compact arrangement that i think suits it

Then to the right of that i'm going to add Hydrocotyle Tripartita and if any spare from my small tank also add some of the mini tripartita at the lower end

oh and new phone arrives on Friday so can't wait to get a decent photo of the tank!

View from the couch tonight after a water change yesterday, also cleaned out the filter which was quite bad after about 2 months (pretty heavily stocked so will up the cleaning on this and is probably partly to blame for the small amount of BBA) . Replaced the standard eheim plastic tubes with course and medium foam

20190304_182009.jpg

Had a big maintenance day on my 2 tanks with some planting and minor changes, plus an 80% WC on both

Excuse the bubbles

Screenshot_20190309-205914_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20190309-205626_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20190309-210122_Instagram.jpg

Removed the pinnatifida from the substrate and tied to a rock, planted some hydrocotyle tripartita and the mini version to give a bit more depth and texture and some more greenery as well
Screenshot_20190309-210531_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20190309-210928_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:
Another kamakazie fish that's decided to jump into the drop checker :banghead: this time a CPD, anyone else have this problem??

Just noticed the water level is very high in this actually so would take nothing for it to swim into, last time water level was low

Screenshot_20190311-173027_Instagram.jpg

Another kamakazie fish that's decided to jump into the drop checker :banghead: this time a CPD, anyone else have this problem??

Just noticed the water level is very high in this actually so would take nothing for it to swim into, last time water level was low

View attachment 122496

:hungover:

You should really put this drop checker higher in the tank, I'm sure it will avoid this.

Not sure why that would be causing it but it's worth a try and see if it stops the fish taking a liking to it

It serves a purpose low but I have my co2 set so is only an indicator now anyway

My battle with BBA seems to be swinging in my favour for the moment, tank maintenance has been upped the last 2 weeks, filter cleaned and spot dosed once with excel, no BBA physically removed and no change to lighting

Before and after, 1 week apart
IMG_20190316_160348.jpg

Last edited:
Spot dosing works very good! Did the same on mine and it never came back, on the same place at least

Unfortunately lost a habrosus yesterday not long after WC, no idea why and nothing done differently and all usual parameters checked and are fine, all others acting normally so think it's just one of those unexplained deaths

Down to 5 but will bring that up to 8-10 if and when my LFS gets some back in, which doesn't happen very often at all

Unfortunately lost a habrosus yesterday not long after WC, no idea why and nothing done differently and all usual parameters checked and are fine, all others acting normally so think it's just one of those unexplained deaths

Down to 5 but will bring that up to 8-10 if and when my LFS gets some back in, which doesn't happen very often at all

I need to buy more too, lovely fishes, unfortunately lost 3 stucked in the eheim skim

Back