• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA 90H, the quest for nature aquarium

So two weeks in and everything is ticking along well, kept lights nice and reserved and have started adding an all in one ei mix daily.

Tiny amount of brown algae on the glass but very easy to remove once or twice a week...

xjtP35C.jpg

sOwh4sp.jpg

New growth on pretty much everything, anubias is growing really fast and the bolbitis is producing new leaves

9fE1n6I.jpg

Already trimmed the center stem, name escapes me!
4xbUXOg.jpg

Please feel free to offer your advice and opinions!

Looking beautiful. Really healthy. You might find the Bolbitis a bit big in it’s forward position?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool, I like scapes that are modular. Good to be able to change if you want later. T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tiny update, things are going great. Trimmed the background stems 3 times now and growth is good.

I have been dosing some all in one ei mix but next week I will order some aquavitro line ferts and get things the same as the cube. At this point I will also turn the lights up abit and continue to watch what happens..

Will also add some moss to the lower rocks.

YahLIuy.jpg

KCjmoxB.jpg

7NTuxaa.jpg

CivCD36.jpg

Comments and critique welcome

Great plant growth. Nice little tank.

Really like your use of hardscape- you wood look all like branches from one tree, more plants/additional growth at the ends of the branches would enhance this image if that's desired, personally I would use some moss

Morning all!

So a really long time without posting updates on this post! I'm afraid these are not the most exciting.. yet...

So I decided to clean up the look of my fish room, I had the water storage which was an eye sore and a lack of space for extra tanks/ projects. I decided a gloss white kitchen unit set up would be a nice way to get what I wanted to decided to modify the units to strengthen and lower slightly. This has turned out great and gives me a chance to start creating more content.
Here's how the 45C currently looks, I will upload a better quality picture tonight. It currently houses a group of breeding panda Cory's and some killi rocket fish.

20210513-193350.jpg
20210407-174313.jpg
20210407-180436.jpg

Heres two images of the new setup as I was creating it..
Many thanks!

Chris

Uh oh....

Here we go again!! Begun the new hardscape, decided to recycle most hardscape materials as ny personal collection is better then anything you can buy locally...

Mocked the wood up, built my "retaining" walls for the aquarium and glued around 15 bits of rock together to get where I wanted to be. Wood has only been mocked up but I can see what I want..

20220106_115836.jpg

20220106_121630.jpg
20220108_124857.jpg

If I had such nice rocks, I'd reuse them as well. Good luck on the new setup! I'm curious how it will look with the permanent wood.

Back