• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

45P Nature Aquarium Mountain Aquascape

Nigel95

New project in the ADA 45P Cube Garden.

A brazilian mountain layout try.. this hardscape really need plants to look better. Sides, middle and background will be planted with mostly stem plants. Some color as well.

Please subscribe to my Youtube channel :thumbup:
www.youtube.com/nigelaquascaping

Tank
ADA 45P Cube Garden

Hardscape
Mini landscape rock

LED
Twinstar 450 ES

Filter
Eheim classic 150

Plants
Stems
Monte carlo
H. pinnatifida
Eleocharis acicularis mini

Step by step hardscape

Hardscape
47864941901_fb53e41454_h.jpg
hardscape aquascape nigel hoevenaar by Nigel Aquascaping, on Flickr

Last edited:
Little bit too symetrical as an hardscape only but can be corrected with plants.

That's my only concern, very nice rocks and arrangement, your skills are upgrading very quickly! Nice

Little bit too symetrical as an hardscape only but can be corrected with plants.

That's my only concern, very nice rocks and arrangement, your skills are upgrading very quickly! Nice

Yes symmetrical I agree. Hope to fix it with different stems on the sides.

Thanks

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Looks like a lot of plant.. :wideyed:
Good luck!
Good lord, there is enough plants for an 90p! Haha

Plant heavy from start :D

Most of it fit all in the scape. Only in vitro cups are to much. Some are planted in my bigger tank

For Aquaflora plants I use a general rule of 1 pot stems for ~5cm diameter. Some plants are very compact / bushy and 10cm diameter is possible.

On the pic it looks there is not much space but there is quite some space to plant stems heavy from start :)

Nice job but All those plants will grow TALL, especially the rotala, ludwigia and h.pinnitida in the foreground...those will need weekly trimming to achieve your goal.

Good luck!

Nice job but All those plants will grow TALL, especially the rotala, ludwigia and h.pinnitida in the foreground...those will need weekly trimming to achieve your goal.

Good luck!

Ha nobody said this layout was going to be maintenance friendly hehe..... atm I quite like to trim and shape plants. And this is probably my last nano tank for the coming years... maybe forever. The 40cm mountain is completed so don't have to maintain 3 tanks atm :). Some lean dosing can also help with color and slowing down speed growth.

Really well tought out planting with the leave sizes and colors.. Hope it grows out the right way..

Yes did my best on this! However 45p is still very restricting with plants. Some plants are probably a tad to large for this scape but will try to fix with a lot of trimming and high light.

It was time to trim some pearlweed. This aquascape is currently 130 days old and adapting to softer water as I recently switched to RO water. My tap water is hard (kh 10+) and with seiryu (limestone) rocks the kh raises a lot. So far the plants seem to respond positive to the softer water. I am aiming for around 6-8 kh now. What KH do you run in your aquascape? It seems I couldn't get away with lean dosing with a kh of ~13,5. Since yesterday I am trying 3,5 ppm NO3 a week in this tank to see if I can boost some color in Rotala Rotundifolia without stunting other plants.

Back