• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Matt's first planted tank

matt.g

Seedling
Hi there,

Here's my first attempt at a "scape of sorts", I'm a big fan of the jungle-y style of tanks, and certainly am inspired by a number of the tanks on here, and hope that this could develop into something as good in time!!

I know it doesn't conform to the golden rules of aquascaping, but I wasn't keen on the large log that is now on the right of the tank. Previously this was further to the centre, but it left a dead space in the right corner which was dark and horrible!

Hopefully the Sagittaria will grow across the centre of the tank as it has spread in the corners. I did have some Parvula in the centre, but it wasn't doing well and I prefer the thick grassy look of the Sagittaria.

Any thoughts on plant options that I could squeeze in the left corner next to the tall bogwood, something tall and bright as at the moment it is still a little dark.

Really interested to hear your thoughts, good (if there are any) and bad - but just go easy on me :)

cheers,
Matt

dsc_0038.jpg

dsc_0049.jpg

dsc_0055.jpg

LondonDragon said:
what is the full setup? Dimenssions, light, co2, ferts, etc......

It's dimensions are 200x50x70 with 4x58W T8's (which I'd like to replace when funds allow).

No Co2 or ferts, although I have just invested in some TPN+ which I will start at the weekend..

LondonDragon said:
(I was just about to fix those images when you did it lol)

B***dy Picasa!! It must use temporary session Ids to generate the image names as each time I previewed the message they were there, but I then came back to it and they'd gone.. I'll resort to hosting them myself :)

cheers!!

Matt

Tourney said:
Looks lovely Matt :D The plants look very healthy considering you use no Co2 or ferts yet. How long has it been setup?

Thanks! The tank has been setup now for about 8 months, however the majority of the vallisneria is only a couple of weeks old now.

Let's hope they don't melt away :)

hi
really like it.i'm new also and into "jungle" style.hope i can do as good as you.
whats your fish list/stock
neil

Man would I love to have that in my liing room! ;)

What's the fish/plant stock? It's great that you don't use CO2 or even ferts! I love the jungle style.

Thanks for your kind words..

In terms of stock, I have:

Blue Snakeskin
Blue Royals (or Turks - not sure!)
Red and Yellow Pigeon Bloods
Blue Diamonds
Red Alenquer
Red/Blue Leopard

I've also got a couple of pairs of angels who have paired up so I'm just cycling a couple of breeding tanks for them, then they will go. There are also some Bosenami Rainbows, Coplandi Tetras and a BN plec! Some of the non-discus fish were "rescues", and not my first choice to go with the discus!! :)

cheers!
Matt

Back