• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Buce Drift - now 11 buce varieties strong

Another kamakazie fish that's decided to jump into the drop checker :banghead:

Curiousity kills the cat...

That is yet have not seen before.. But lately i found a Boraras sp. in my sump alive and well and it was happily swimming in the last compartiment, so it could not get in there via the overflow. Because it had to pass the sponges and biomedia etc. which is impossible.

It was a rather haunted idea and how big are the chances?.. The sump has a lid with a few tiny gaps in it.. The fish must have jumped out off the open top aqaurium. Than bump into the back wall fell down and some howe was so lucky that it bounced into the sump bellow the tank through the small 3x3cm gap from the lid.

Either this or my house is indeed haunted and had a poltergeist catching the fish and put it in the sump to scare the hell out of me.. :eek::rolleyes:

But that didn't work i go for the first explaination.. Even if it's also a million to one that it ever happens again.

Had a very busy year with a lot of time spent away from home (work, holidays, etc...) so updating this has slipped, it will be torn down in the coming month or 2 and sold to make way for the 75P I bought a few months back, the last few months have went as follows (i'll update with a pic later)
  • After a great start I went away for 4 days back in April and came back to half of the plants melting away
  • I had changed 3 things just prior to this.....I replaced the plastic Eheim balls for coarse filter media, moved the chihiros doctor to the inlet instead of the mist moving around the tank and double dosed ferts (over 2 days) since i was away, this clearly upset the balance somehow
  • C.helferi was in a sorry state so was pulled, some buce roots had turned brown so were removed
  • Tank has been running ok since but is more surviving rather than growing
  • Water changes have been less consistent and anywhere between 1 and 2 weeks
  • BBA (as expected) has taken over some parts of the wood after initially dealing with it (my own fault due to less maintenance)
Thankfully i should now have less time away so can get back into a routine again and get things back on track in the new tank

Final shot before it's broken down and tank and light are sold and new tank is set up

Screenshot_20190903-202327_Instagram.jpg

Back