• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Where The Jungle "Destroys" Red Rock Creek..

Than dissaster struck.. :( During mounting it to the wall.. A smalll 4mm alen key fell out of my hands.. It could have fallen anywhere.. But it fell exactly smack dab in the middle of the back glass panel breaking off a glass chip.. :(. It isn't much but it is exactly in the middle i wanted to keep unplanted.. Now i have to put some plants in front to hide it away..
I feel your pain Marcel, I did something similar to my Cube Garden :meh: And my youngest son took a chunk out of the shallow several years ago; wielding a wooden sword around. Which wouldn't have been so bad but the tank was on loan from George at the time...:eek:
Loving the DIY copper suspension kit.

I feel your pain Marcel, I did something similar to my Cube Garden :meh: And my youngest son took a chunk out of the shallow several years ago; wielding a wooden sword around. Which wouldn't have been so bad but the tank was on loan from George at the time...:eek:
Loving the DIY copper suspension kit.

This one is actualy also a loan, i said to the owner "i'll keep it safe till you have room again for it.. :bawling:.. For so far it was safe.. Well it's also a chance for new uportunities.. :) Build a new one even beter.. :cool: But indeed it did hurt for a while. ran around with a temper and a short fuse for half a day.

Another uportunity is the question how to mask chipped glass as best as possible? And i think i found a way.. :cool: Not 100%, that's probably impossible.. But!?I'm on the way..

Did put a small piece of Tesa Tape at each side of the glass. Than did put in a few drops of super glue to fill the gap. Super glue doesn't stick to this tape. Let it fully cure fr a few days, you see it slowly shrink while curing, than drip a bit more in to level it out. In this pic the tape is still on the glass.. It barely looks like chippen glass now. Till now the glue is glass clear but still wet, as far as i know it cures completely clear.. If this doen't work out i'm going to use casting epoxy. I think when it's done only a trained eye will notice from up close.. I didn't expect this to work so well. :)

And i want those plants gone, that's not what i initialy wanted to be there.
DSC_0638.JPG

In the evening the light does a awsome decorative job..
DSC_0635.JPG

Pics like this are impossible during the day..
DSC_0637.JPG

Now it's sit back and wait for it to grow in..

By the way, while waiting a funny Quiz Question maybe?. Having a laugh..

The piece the arrow is pointing to.. Who can guess what its from? It has absolutely nothing with lights, i only got the idea to use it in this alternative.. I'm confident that everybody has looked at it, mayeb a lot of you every day in your own house, others maybe occasionaly somewhere else. Already gave a hint above. it originaly comes in Chrome Nickel plated and i took that off.
DSC_0630.JPG

:couchpotato::cigar::p

By the way, while waiting a funny Quiz Question maybe?. Having a laugh..

The piece the arrow is pointing to.. Who can guess what its from? It has absolutely nothing with lights, i only got the idea to use it in this alternative.. I'm confident that everybody has looked at it, mayeb a lot of you every day in your own house, others maybe occasionaly somewhere else. Already gave a hint above. it originaly comes in Chrome Nickel plated and i took that off.
View attachment 122810

:couchpotato::cigar::p
Okay I give up :meh: I have to admit I've been racking my brains trying to guess what it's from but I've come up with zilch :confused:...what's the answer Marcel?

And in the moss that i found in the forest have some small plant germinating in it.. No idea what it is, but tiny (still).. The plant right side bottom is HC
DSC_0640.JPG

DSC_0641.JPG

And the Super glue trick for the chipped glass didn't work out. It was to moist probably, the glue slowly turned white over night. :)
Next step is trying clear Casting Resin. I'll get some tomorow.. :) For now i used @tam 's idea..

That my little plastic Lizzard Mascot was glued to my Mountainback frame for 20 years as talisman for good luck. (An old Keltic symbol for eternal life).
DSC_0642.JPG

o_O What the heck,...there's no way I would ever have guessed. it's obviously some kind of hinge, but I'm still scratching my head trying to think what from :confused:
All I can say Marcel is that there is no doubt about your resourcefulness and seemingly no end to your ingenuity :cool:

o_O What the heck,...there's no way I would ever have guessed. it's obviously some kind of hinge, but I'm still scratching my head trying to think what from :confused:
All I can say Marcel is that there is no doubt about your resourcefulness and seemingly no end to your ingenuity :cool:

:lol: Thanks for the compliment.

9200000104713890.jpg

I needed a new one, putting it together the idea struck this was excactly what i was missing. Only used the stand off pillar as mount for the light. It fits perfect. But also never would have guessed to ever use toilet seat parts on aqaurium lights.. :thumbup:

Could the plant be some kind of Crassulla?
Who knows, its still only a mm in size.. Must be from a very tiny seed.. But that doesn't say the plants stays tiny. I leave it on for now to see what it turs into. :)

I regularly find Anagallis arvensis growing around my place.. That is a potential candidate..

9200000104713890.jpg

I needed a new one, putting it together the idea struck this was excactly what i was missing. Only used the stand off pillar as mount for the light. It fits perfect. But also never would have guessed to ever use toilet seat parts on aqaurium lights.. :thumbup:
Like Tim says genius, inspiration in the most unlikely locations

9200000104713890.jpg

Haha...of course. My excuse for not recognising it is, I've lived in new builds for the last 9 years with soft close lids so I've not seen one of those in a good while :D

Hey marcel,
I'm pretty late to this party but wanted to say I think this is looking great and will be a stunner as it grows in. In regards to helping plants climb walls a good idea is these...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Command-Ho...mand+hooks&dpPl=1&dpID=516Hwy8Qm3L&ref=plSrch

I have a few plants running up walls with them and took the idea from here..
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bu_XORnAmiY/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=fb0xe1aq6hms

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thanks lain!.. :)

And indeed that is a realy very good idea.. Much beter than ruining a wall with hamering nails or drill holes for plugs and screws. :thumbup:

Haha...of course. My excuse for not recognising

No excuse needed, i probably also never would have guessed it, if it was not my own idea. It was absolute coinsidence that i bought a new toilet seat in the same time i was building this. It never occured to me before and since beeing a plumber for over a decade of my life i threw a lot of these in the trash without notice. I could have boxes full of it by now if i wanted to.. I guess when in need it triggers to look out and find alternative ideas.

Back