• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Little white dots all over substrate and wood

Monkfish

Wasn't quite sure which forum to put this in so apologies if it is the correct one.

I noticed today loads of little white dots on the substrate and wood. I don't have any fish in there yet so they aren't fish eggs!

I've also got that horrible slimy white stuff all over the wood which I have washed off once but it came back. It seems to have spread to the plants too :(

Anyone know what the dots could be?

Attachments

• IMG_3417.JPG
    IMG_3417.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 1,166
  • IMG_3418.JPG
    IMG_3418.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 480
  • IMG_3419.JPG
    IMG_3419.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 842
It's been a few weeks now. The white fluffy stuff on the plants etc has been there a week or so as there isn't anything in the tank to eat it. The white dots have only appeared in the last day.

Cool thanks. I'll have to get myself a gravel vac to they and get the white dots up too!

Amanos won't eat that white fur. Best bet for that is water changes using the hose to suck it away while you rub it off the wood.

My wood has been in the tank 3 years and it only rarely comes back if the wood is exposed to air.

I doubt they were eating the mould. More the bits that are stuck in it.

Amanos are voracious - if they like to eat something, they will clear it. I've had my hydrocotyle demolished in 1 night by 5 shrimp. Even BBA after treating with glute - it will be gone by the morning.

Either way, that's a large amount of mould. Just better to get rid through water changes....

Back