• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA 75P

Hi all,
says it contains 3 molar KCI
That is the one, 3 mol. or 4 mol. KCl, it just needs to be much the same strength as the <"KCl inside the probe">.
will this be ok to use
You can dilute this solution down to give to you your 1411 microS calibration solution.

I'd do it via an initial dilution of 1 cm^3 (of your 3 mol.) KCl made up to 100cm^3 with DI water. That gives you 0.03 mol KCl, so 33 cm^3 of that made up to 100 cm^3 is 0.01 mol and 1411 microS.

cheers Darrel

You can dilute this solution down to give to you your 1411 microS calibration solution.

I'd do it via an initial dilution of 1 cm^3 (of your 3 mol.) KCl made up to 100cm^3 with DI water. That gives you 0.03 mol KCl, so 33 cm^3 of that made up to 100 cm^3 is 0.01 mol and 1411 microS.

cheers Darrel

Darrel please explain in jimmy age 3 still in nappies terms mate. never been good at maths or chemistry pal.

Darrel please explain in jimmy age 3 still in nappies terms mate. never been good at maths or chemistry pal.

bought the calibration solution from Hanna as the pen cost a fortune and I didn't want to calibrate it with a 3rd party bodge job.
cheers Scott

Hi all, Your good, probably the best option if the instructions didn't make sense.

cheers Darrel
Hi all, Your good, probably the best option if the instructions didn't make sense.

cheers Darrel

not that it didn't make sense Darrell, just not to me mate, hence asking for a simple explanation rather than (0.03 mol KCl, so 33 cm^3 of that made up to 100 cm^3 is 0.01 mol and 1411 microS)
cheers Scott

Hi all,
hence asking for a simple explanation
Got you, it is just powers of 10 to start off with, the units aren't important.

So you have "3" to start off with, and if you divide that by 100 (3/100) that is equal to 0.03. It is easiest to work with multiples of ten, so "1" in "100" is most straight forward.

The solution you want for calibration is 1411 microS and 0.01 mol. You have 0.03 molar solution, so to get to 0.01 you divide 0.03/3.

You could make your own calibration solution and check it against the one you bought?

cheers Darrel

It will be getting its first trim next weekend.

ada75p_zpsdt7tmrze.jpg

ada75p-1_zps3kuwzybi.jpg

Last edited:
Back