• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60-P amazon scape

DSC04142b.jpg

Time for an update! As you guys can see I finally have my new cabinet. This time made out of local elm wood. I'm very happy with the result.

forum.jpg
The triangular composition I had in mind is getting shape.. Still fighting black beard algae. Since I'm dosing EI it got worse. Still don't want to blame the EI method so I'm thinking of buying a filter with more capacity for more flow. Anyone can think of a filter with more capacity that fit's a 12/16 mm hose? I'm currently running an Eheim Filter Experience 250T, with 700L/H.
At first I'm going to replace the membrane of my inline atomizer since it's now over a year old. Do these things wear out or can you clean them with something?
I'm now spot treating the BBA with 1ml liquid carbon every morning.. let's see if I can get these algae under control!

DSC_0711.JPG

This is my latest invention.. I call it the 'aquarium stretcher' :nurse::cool: In about two weeks I will have to move my current setup to our new home, and I have to go two stairs down, so this will help a little I hope. My idea is to transfer the water and fishes in jerry cans and buckets and transport the whole scape without water.. Any tips are very welcome! ;)

For moving, take smaller chunks of Tempex and fill up the tank with that, it holds the hardscape in place. :)

The stretcher is a nice build.. Good idea..

Wow, I love your room! The cabinet looks awesome and fit your floor, would love to have the same for my 60p! :)

For the filter, you could try the jbl e901, it's rated 900l/h.
Or buy an small eheim compact 300 to have more flow.

Got bba on mine too, this thing loves to grow on Wood. Spot dosing works great. As long as it's not growing on plants, I would't dare. It seems to step back when I reduce my iron dosage.

Cheers

Last edited:
Hi all,I like that, being Elm (Ulmus spp.) it shouldn't warp if it gets wet either.

cheers Darrel

Yes, I seem to recall the Romans used Elm for water pipes.

Beautiful tank and cabinet. I really appreciate the emergant growth.

Perhaps add a Ehime skim? Will add flow and could be hidden behind the wood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't have thought it be worth taking the water with you but I suppose it could help reduce stress.
I think it's more important to try and keep the filter bacteria alive by keeping it wet.

You could ask your LFS for fish bags and a polystyrene box. Maidenhead were more than happy to do that for me when we moved.

At first I thought the "Aquarium Stretcher" was a jig and you were going to put longer front and rear panels in :banghead: :oops:
You could do a dummy run with it to insure you can get around corners. Looks fairly heavy though.

Back