• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Electrical question

UK plugs have the ground (earth) built in - an I am not aware that UK socket have a connection to connect the ground wire?

You have three options.
1- Change the cable for a proper grounded cable where the ground is incorporated within the plug with a third prong;
2- use that ground cable and shove it in the ground receptor in the socket (not recommended);
3- I think you can find some female adapter plug where one can plug that ground cable to and then plug the whole thing to the socket.

I would say first option would be the safest and most appropriate.

Many thanks Hanuman,

The product manual I linked specifies that you should 'only use the supplied power cord and that use of any other power cord may damage the product. I'm not sure why?
so forth option is to just cut the Japanese plug off and rewire to a UK plug, would it be as simple as that and would you say is there any risk of damaging the lighting unit?!

Yes it indeed looks like a standard C13 connector on the PSU.

F2621126-01.jpg

See the markings next to connector hole, this tells wich hole is for what.. Compare this to the excisting plug to see if they are wired the same. ust to be sure, likely they are C13 is ISO

It likely will say

L pin = Lead or live

1201_OnYourMark_fig1.png
= ground symbol for the middle pin sometimes letter E (earth)

N pin = Nutral.

Can''t go wrong.

Google C13 UK and you'll find. Any computer part shop should have it..
F2621154-01.jpg

Using this and you can discard the cable with Japanese plug. :)

Last edited:
Back