• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

16 l shrimp jungle

IrLbVqU.jpg
Just did some heavy trimming and tweaked the hardscape and planting slightly..

View attachment E10Ewkc.jpg Slightly less crappy photo.

I added 4 amanos a few days ago .. and that didn't go well. Two days later and all four had escaped the tank :/ It seems that this is not too unusual for amanos, how do you guys keep them from escaping open tanks? I've had CRS before and never had any problems with escapees. Maybe I should just get a handful of those instead.

High level of CO2 doesn't help with amanos escape...

Get yourself some crs, no problem and better sized for your tank. :)

High level of CO2 doesn't help with amanos escape...

Get yourself some crs, no problem and better sized for your tank. :)
Yeah, I probably will. Don't like how fast they breed though ..

Hi
I always had my amanos escape my little 22l nano even low tech.Had to seal it with cling film at the end before my other bigger tanks were ready.
+1 for cherries in there
Regards Konsa

Looks great. How long are your CO2 bottles lasting and what temperature is your tank?
they last less than a month, so not very long. I have one bottle left and will upgrade to a proper system when that is used up. Can't recommend the tropica nano CO2 kit unfortunately. The diffusor sucks (I've upgraded to an aquario neo - much much better), the bottles are too expensive for how long they last and the regulator is really hard to adjust. :/
Temperature is just room temperature i.e. around 21-22 celcius.

Yes, very expensive , not environnemental friendly and not very reliable.

Get yourself some CO2 art stuff, you won't regret it.

they last less than a month, so not very long. I have one bottle left and will upgrade to a proper system when that is used up. Can't recommend the tropica nano CO2 kit unfortunately. The diffusor sucks (I've upgraded to an aquario neo - much much better), the bottles are too expensive for how long they last and the regulator is really hard to adjust. :/
Temperature is just room temperature i.e. around 21-22 celcius.

Thanks for that. Let us know what CO2 system you upgrade to.

Reactions: JEK
I think I'm going to upgrade the filter as well. How oversized do you think I can go in liters/h? Reason I ask is that I would like to be able to use it on a future larger aquarium (40-60 liters).

I ran this on a 35L and it worked well, although maybe a bit OTT for the tank size.

https://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/tetra-ex400-mini-review.21876/#post-230196

Always best to get bigger than you need though as the flow soon drops as the filter gets dirty.

I’ve had an Eheim classic in the past and they’re very good but you have to pay quite a lot extra for quick release taps etc.
That's reasonably priced and will probably be fine on a 45-P tank as well, if I upgrade in the future. Yes, I've considered the Eheim classic as well ..

Short video of the scape:

I've recently switched to RO water. Have some persistent diatoms and some green algae on some buce leaves, but otherwise no problems. Also added a skimmer to remove the surfave oil. Looks so much cleaner with a pristine surface!

Back