• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 Reg Reading

bugs

I'm expecting my CO2 to run out soon but I don't think I've ever witnessed what the regulator readings are when it starts to run down. In the past I've found it has stopped completely before I've taken time to observe the regulator.

Does the regulator indicate when the bottle is nearing its end or simply drop to zero without warning?

Also... might it therefore be possible the actual output drops despite the regulator dials continuing to show normal levels?

Thanks

Do you mean something like this? This one has been slowly dropping for a few weeks now. I'd like to fill it but they'll say "it's not empty you know" at the LFS so I am seeing how low I can go...

IMG_2494.JPG

I do. Thank you. I've don't recall ever seeing the reg value drop low, although I'm not great at always checking. Do you still appear to be getting a "normal" output at the diffuser?

I just checked the bubble count and there is no drop, it’s even a bit higher I remembered (strange?). I have a few hours off so probably I’ll drive to the LFS after all to get it filled. Too bad I forgot to weigh the bottle last time. Did you weigh yours, so you could check the difference?

My regulator is a 2012 CO2SuperMarkter single stage dual gauge regulator. Generally the tank gauge reads 800psi, which it will do until all the liquid CO2 evaporates. Then the tank pressure starts dropping over a couple of days. At around 500psi the bubble rate starts to drop until 100-200psi when bubble rate drops to zero. I generally change the cylinder as soon as the tank pressure starts dropping.

Thanks for the input. I intend to weigh the empty (when it's empty) and the new one I have on standby. Just forgot last time. Thanks again.

Back