• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Pmdd 720l

Jona$

Heard that its recomended changing 30% water every week when dosing pmdd to be assure no components are missing.

I dont get it, i can easily wait 4weeks before im even close to nitrit.

And tapwater doesnt add any more then lower nitrit and take away bacteria?

So

1. Add weekly pmdd and change when indicated from tests..around 4weeks.

2.30% weekly water change and dosing pmdd?

My question..

Why weekly if nitrit,kh,gh looks fine alot longer then that.. what to gain?

Waterchanging also removes a lot of other products ( toxins and metabolites from plantgrowth)
Doing waterchanges is one of the easiest ways to improve tankhealth. If you worry about wasting water you can use it for lots of other things ( watering other plants or the lawn for instance)

Much depends on your planted tank experience, I have set up tanks with thriving plants and minimal algae where I’ve done frequent water changes form the start, but also where I’ve done no water changes for several weeks

A tank in balance with healthy active plant growth can better withstand minimal maintenance - that “sweet spot” can be easily found within a few weeks of set up or after several months of endeavour

Companies such as Tropica and ADA have set up strategies - based upon their own products (how could they do the same with unknowns?) - which significantly improve successful outcome
They and many professional aquascapers promote large, frequent water changes as one of the simplest (& cheapest) methods to promote healthy plant growth and minimal algae

Daily fertilization is a more modern approach to planted tanks (than the previously recommended weekly dosing schedule)

Yeah i know that its great for watering plants etc.

And as i have had it it been low maintance, know becoming more in the middle range.

So i will try out the weekly change.

Have a fx6 with macs in it, waiting for lavastone and purigene.

Tunze streamer, total min 8000l/h with fx6.
Fluval 3.0x2 122cm 59w picking up tomorrow.

Aswell do i need to add any except pmdd since i dont run co2 for now.

Heard bad things about easy carbo aswell seachem flourish excell ?
No more then algae compound and poision at certain levels..

Thats how it looks now since some days ago, moved around to alther and make better stream for the tunze to make lesser deadspots.

Aswell the fluval 3.0 will arrive today and next week the lavarocks and seachem purigen for the fx6.
fetch?photoid=2402083.jpg

Before:
fetch?photoid=2402082.jpg

Some of the plecos just had a cucumber.
fetch?photoid=2402085.jpg

Last edited:
Haha you worrie about the fork.
love plecos and starting to have a collection.

Thanks Alto.

Will do weekly and not any carbo as it seems.
Better of with co2 when getting harder level of plants.

Back