• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New Year, New Scape...

Thanks @Onoma1

Do love the Kessil’s above this scape. It would be a very different feel with diffused light. Eventually the crypts poking out everywhere with the ripple of the point source lighting should add another layer. Lots of fractal patterns everywhere, appealing to the eye.

Few months to go until then. Slow burn.

Your scape is looking great, coming along really well. I prefer point source lighting, it just adds another dimension; a sort of mysterious atmosphere.

upload_2019-4-3_18-4-11.jpeg

Spot the difference...

Before:

upload_2019-4-3_18-12-47.jpeg

After:

upload_2019-4-3_18-14-47.jpeg

upload_2019-4-3_18-19-49.jpeg

upload_2019-4-3_18-17-10.jpeg

Made to measure.

Looks very nice grown in! Are those 4 Kessil A160s? What intensity do you run them at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking lovely, really filling out nicely, the greens really pop against the dark back ground. T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks very nice grown in! Are those 4 Kessil A160s? What intensity do you run them at?

Yep. Amalgamation of different A160’s that were on other setups. Now running 4 at 100% for 7 hours per day, fade in/fade out, come on one at a time and shut down one at a time like sunrise/sunset going left to right (or east to west). Fish seem to much prefer this setup, lots of Hatchetfish in there and not one jumper is my evidence for this. The tank is open on top despite the pelmet.

Thanks @TBRO

It’s a lovely tank to care for as it’s slow growing despite Co2 and everyone in this household likes it which is a battle hard won around here. Green and black background :thumbup:

Cheers @CooKieS

I owe it all to neglect :lol:

Avidly waiting to see more of your 780ml of greatness in your Cunzo pico tank thread.

Neglect can be a good thing in aquascaping! ;)

Unfortunately, my cunzo has been dismantled 2 weeks ago, it was too noisy for my living room.

Four months. Second trim.

Before:

upload_2019-5-29_19-46-13.jpeg

After:

upload_2019-5-29_19-47-47.jpeg

Bleheri had leaves over 2 feet long lobbed off, Lotus trimmed right back to get some light back to the various Cryptocoryne and Pinnatifida. Proserpinaca Palustris the jury is still out on, not sure if it fits or not. Ignore the patches of Fissidens on the wood, it’s only being propagated for the next scape.

Next trim will probably concentrate on heavily thinning out the bolbitis and tactically adding a few cuttings here and there once everything at substrate level is holding its own. That could be a couple of months down the road though.

That’s about it. Hope everyone is enjoying their tanks too :wave:

Back