• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A few pics of my tanks

Siege

Just a few pics of my tanks. Apologies for the bad iPad photos.
No journal as such just a few pictures!

EA 600 Nature - going well just waiting for new stem plants at rear to grow. Whole tank had a massive prune last week.
Ricardia bit of a pain as the brown dead bits underneath are causing a green slime algae to grow on it. Most is currently floating upside down for the shrimp to eat the dead bits.

Anyone got any tips for this they will be most welcome!

BDFA692B-065D-4BFA-80C8-F8B2089E23BE.jpeg

5FF289A7-8868-4A32-9733-E6615873FFDE.jpeg

EA 900 Nature - after a shaky start (the wood all floated ripping up all the planting) now beginning to settle down and come into its own.

6251A075-D89C-4698-BDC3-98D7A5C86716.jpeg

EA 600 iwagumi - I love the rocks but never been totally happy with it since it all got a bit shook up when it went on a trip!
Thinking I might strip it down and use the same rocks with some fine wood work and go more traditional nature style. Will do when I get round to it.

97EBF0B8-C1C4-4702-99B1-8B0B8EFBD1C8.jpeg

4EDBA802-EDEF-4B72-B18B-A1681E2F9E55.jpeg

Very nice! the first 600 is my favorite, I love what you did with the hydrocotyle.
Trimming the moss before it gets so thick that it will die inside, is the only way to prevent it I guess. I would choose to clean it once in a while and reattach it.

Before ripping apart the Iwagumi, you should take the effort of taking some good quality pictures of the tank. Its one of the best classic Iwagumi style tanks I saw in a long time.

00D09CAB-B332-401D-B31E-CDDE055E2EFC.jpeg
EFFA62B2-2B0B-41DD-9917-16954D98CF4E.jpeg
B048684B-3DC3-4E9B-B9EF-B9636B4BE4DB.jpeg
CAA81FAB-61B5-4689-8AD7-869E404A242D.jpeg
A bit of an update.

Tanks have been a bit neglected recently, only 2 water changes in the last 7 weeks (been too busy killing George’s crypts!). I have really noticed it in the ferns and BBA seems to love that in the 900!

Both tanks had a really good trim (read hack but with ADA scissors, so bordering on a posh hack) this week. Red stems need to come back.

600 is now 16 months old and is showing its age, 900 is 10 months and coming in to its own a little. Still need to make a couple of improvements but it’s getting there.....!

One empty 600, have the hardscape ready for it (jurijs juniper wood and dark mink landscape, laplata sand).
Going to go full ADA I think in that tank. See how it goes.

Anyway, a bit boring but thought I haven’t posted any pics of my own tanks for a while so pulled my finger out!

S.

Going to go full ADA I think in that tank. See how it goes.
Please do a Journal
- minimalist would be grand and not too time consuming - says the shirker with nary a Journal :oops: :oops: :oops: but if you saw my abysmal photo attempts ..... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Please do a Journal
- minimalist would be grand and not too time consuming - says the shirker with nary a Journal :oops: :oops: :oops: but if you saw my abysmal photo attempts ..... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Haha! My photos are rubbish. Just on our now ageing iPad. Don’t think think it does mine (or any) tanks justice. Would like to be but not really into photography though.

May do a journal though. It’ll make me do those water changes! :)

The tanks look great mate shame to see the iwagumi gone but if you let George take it on a road trip its probs for the best lol
A journal would be nice from you can't wait to see what you have in stall for the 600 I'm sure it will be epic

Back