• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New Aquael Ultramax

I had another response stating that they are looking to transfer it via a friend as they can’t send money out of Poland bank accounts? What an odd company. Glad I paid by credit card.

I just received my refund via the PayPal resolution centre this morning. He tried that type of nonsense with me, too. Very odd.

I think it’s worth raising a point to all forum members that Plantica.pl is a scam business who are attempting to steal money. Please avoid this company and don’t fall short like we have!

I’m back off my holiday now and will raise my refund via Santander credit card refund policy.

I’m glad PayPal resolution centre got your money back for you!

Guys just get it from the German Ebay guy. Shipped with DHL, very very fast and great price. Perfect experience.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk
Sadly it looks like he's out of stock unless you have a different link?

Sadly it looks like he's out of stock unless you have a different link?

Indeed. Just checked now and he seems to have only the 1000 and 1500 in stock right now. But maybe drop him a line and who knows if they will be arriving soon.

This is all very interesting but have we any more info on how well the filter is performing? Anybody had it running for a few weeks and has any views?

I currently run a Biomaster 600 but am thinking of switching to this filter when I rescape.

Yes. Been running a ultramax 2000 for quite some time now and its performance is great. Almost dead silent, very easy to prime, actually I hardly had to use the priming level, there is a ton of space for media. I think the prefilter works but it’s quite coarse so it does not block. No leaking.

The only minor issue I had, which was my fault anyway, is that you have to be careful picking a lily pipe inflow that supports the 2000l/h rated flow so that you don’t reduce the flow output. Other than that, I would buy it again, and would replace my eheim 2217 and fluvals x06 without blinking.

This is all very interesting but have we any more info on how well the filter is performing? Anybody had it running for a few weeks and has any views?

I currently run a Biomaster 600 but am thinking of switching to this filter when I rescape.

Yes absoulety superb. Silent and great flow. Too much for the traditional glass inflow skimmer though.

Yes absoulety superb. Silent and great flow. Too much for the traditional glass inflow skimmer though.

Indeed. I returned back to the original inflow. It was way too much for the skimmer, which kept it most often under water and also for a cheap lily pipe, which was not enought to provide 2000L/h. You really need a pipe with at least 10 holes on it or just use the provided stock inflow.

Is that correct the 2000 has 19l of media capacity? if so that’s more than the fx6 and on par with the Eheim 1500xl

Is that correct the 2000 has 19l of media capacity? if so that’s more than the fx6 and on par with the Eheim 1500xl

Not exactly sure how much liters of media you can put in but it’s a lot... it also depends on what you put in each tray.

I think pondguru placed like 6kgs of media, which is already a lot...

Last edited:
Got my ultramax 2000 yesterday. Set it up today. It very noisy, looks like the impeller shaft is too short so it doesn’t fit into the cover.
Also I can’t get the priming plunger out.

Got my ultramax 2000 yesterday. Set it up today. It very noisy, looks like the impeller shaft is too short so it doesn’t fit into the cover.
Also I can’t get the priming plunger out.

That’s definitely not normal. I would shut it down, put it apart and try again. The priming plunger is a bit stuck the first time you use it but then gets normal.

The filter should be almost dead silent running. If that’s not the case then something is definitely not normal.

Got the priming plunger working and primed it again but it’s still noisy.

The impeller shaft looks to short? There’s a gap between the cover and the shaft. Is this normal?

25bf099ed4989a89a67e7de8e21ad772.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got the priming plunger working and primed it again but it’s still noisy.

The impeller shaft looks to short? There’s a gap between the cover and the shaft. Is this normal?

25bf099ed4989a89a67e7de8e21ad772.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like it's snapped. It should reach the cover and actually fit into it with a rubber tip.

Back