• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

NatureScape - The End

My sanctuary away from the madness...:)

47923174653_f541194691_b.jpg

by Tim Harrison, on Flickr

Wow that light looks bright
It's on 100% for the shot. It was on 100% throughout the photoperiod but I dialled it down to 80%.
Lovely!
More room for plants on the windowsill though;)
Thanks Ed, there were a couple of orchids on the windowsill but SWMBO (the boss... Head Honcho. El Numero Uno. Mrs Big. The Godmother. Lady of the Rings. The Bourne... Identity. Er... Taxi Driver. Jaws...} nicked them for her new IKEA plant stand so they now live in the kitchen. Maybe I'll buy some more.

You cleaned up well. Wish my office space was as clean.:)
Thanks Ed, you should see the other side of the room out of shot...:eek:

Unbelievably healthy, and a great problem to have :D

Unbelievably healthy, and a great problem to have :D
Thanks Ady, just can't get those damn stems to grow the way I want them to :rolleyes:
Really nice.. Maybe just take some moss off the branch in the front side so you still can see its wood..
Thanks DM, I think you may have a point, it perhaps seems a bit unbalanced given that the rest of the wood isn't so overwhelmingly covered in moss, but I kind of like it atm :)
Nice example of an great nature aquarium style, should look very cool once the rotala full grown in.

Did you submit it to
Iaplc finally?
Cheers
Thanks CooKieS, that's nice of you. I haven't this time around, like I mentioned in response to Ady I can't seem to get the Rotala to grow the way I want it to. A large part of the reason I designed this scape was to enable me to mess around with Rotala to see what I could do with it. I'll get there eventually and when I do I might enter it, that is if I don't get bored first ;)

I'm now trying, with success, an good method for stems;

When trimming, just replant some of the tops (not necessary to plant them in soil, just get them stucked in the existing bush), this will make your stems looks nicer (even after trimming), more red and more compact.

After an few weeks you should see an difference and this will allow you to just trim the tops in the shape you want for final pic, let it grow All together (whithout replanting tops to avoid high level differences) and shoot.

My sanctuary away from the madness...:)

47923174653_f541194691_b.jpg

by Tim Harrison, on Flickr
Wow.

so how much $ to do this to my room for me?
haha ill pay for the flight to LOL

Kiding of course, looks absolutely stunning, as usual with your work. Good job :snaphappy:

Hi Tim.

For the reactor head is it just the arm thing you need that slots in and then slots into the sticky thing?

If so I think I may have one somewhere............

Hi Steve, many thanks for the offer. I'm using a Chihiros reactor, so it plugs straight into the suction cup, no arm needed. I have a couple of new reactors on order so should be good to go soon :)

Back